Author Topic: Idea for tour regarding cellphones... Put them down!  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
Re: Idea for tour regarding cellphones... Put them down!
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It wouldn't have to be every show. And they could charge a streaming fee (which would have to be less than concert tickets of course). I know I would pay it.

ZOO TV could finally be a real tv station.
Yeah, but if we're going to dream, why not dream big, & make it every show.

After attending a U2 show I often download audio of that show. Listening to this often reminds me of specific events that occurred during the night. This is a great way to reminisce. But usually the audio is quite poor quality. But if we had video, with good quality audio, WOW. I'd definitely pay for that!

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2015, 01:18:38 AM »
Can't get enough of Zoo TV!

On a serious note, with the advent of Periscope & Meerkat video streaming it's likely that U2's shows could be broastcast without the bands permission. Poor quality amateur video will not show the band in the best light. U2 may as well embrace the technology, so they can control the quality of the streams people are watching, & maybe make a few pennies out of it too.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »
This doesn't help the matter any (from U2start.com):

Helping you getting started with taping
 With our latest series of articles, the U2start taper's guide, we try to help those of you who are interested in taping (U2) shows and getting these recordings out there to the community. Through this series, we will try to show the basic aspects of concert taping so anyone can jump on the train and start taping with little or no previous knowledge. Our first part covers the basics and the recorder while our second and third parts are about microphones and getting in and sharing. Don't hesitate to ask all your questions in our forums to our experts once you've read the series.

meximofo

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2015, 09:38:37 PM »

With our latest series of articles, the U2start taper's guide, we try to help those of you who are interested in taping (U2) shows and getting these recordings out there to the community. Through this series, we will try to show the basic aspects of concert taping so anyone can jump on the train and start taping with little or no previous knowledge. Our first part covers the basics and the recorder while our second and third parts are about microphones and getting in and sharing. Don't hesitate to ask all your questions in our forums to our experts once you've read the series.
What is wrong with that? People have been taping U2 shows since they named themselves U2 and it never ruined the experience for anyone else. Even the band allows bootlegs if they are not for commercial use.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2015, 03:54:27 AM »
Recording the audio affects no one, unlike holding up cell phones.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2015, 04:10:31 AM »
When i'm @U2 .......... my phone is off. Especially when it's a good spot i have !!

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »

Tapers surely won't scream into your ear and clap so loud you can't hear the gig.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2015, 04:40:23 PM »

What is wrong with that? People have been taping U2 shows since they named themselves U2 and it never ruined the experience for anyone else. Even the band allows bootlegs if they are not for commercial use.

I guess I was thinking not just audio but video. 

Offline Chrisedge

• Wanderer
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 03:15:22 PM »
The great thing about all the cellphone use is, I can film a complete show with a great camera (and do the audio too) and I look like just another fool with a cell phone. I unlike most people keep my camera in front of me, not above me, as to lessen the impact of those behind me. Unlike some folks and their Bono signs...