Author Topic: Vancouver & I+E Tour: What would you like us to report on?  (Read 7398 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Vancouver & I+E Tour: What would you like us to report on?
« on: April 17, 2015, 02:10:11 PM »
Hey gang,

@U2 will have a good amount of our staff in Vancouver next month for the start of the I+E tour. We'll be at both shows and we also plan to be outside when U2 does its dress rehearsal on May 12th. (They may do another on May 13th for all we know.)

1) What all would you like us to report on from Vancouver?

2) More generally, what would you like us to report on as the tour goes along?

Offline Saculniai

• Wanderer
Re: Vancouver & I+E Tour: What would you like us to report on?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »
Nothing, absolutely nothing please! I'm not going to see them until the first night in London on the 25th October. Please don't spoil it for me and others

Hows about you set up a specific forum/folder where the tour can be discussed etc by fans willing to see what's happening? This maybe the last major tour so I'm going into this one like the 80's where no technology existed so when I go its all going to be a surprise from the merchandising, to the supports to the actual gig itself.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »
Saculniai, sorry, but not reporting anything just isn't an option. :) We're going to report, and this thread is to collect some ideas from fans about what they want to know.

We've been discussing spoilers in this other thread (that prompted me to start this discussion):

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 03:07:29 PM »
You guys always do an awesome job, but what I found most helpful last tour was people reporting their experience in GA, like where was a good place to try and get to stand. Because of what I had read, I ended up not wanting to be in the pit but instead getting at the front of the outer rail, which worked great. So I guess info on the stage set up and prime places to try to get on the floor would be something I'd be interested in.

Waffles

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:06:27 PM »
Can you tell what innocence vs experience is? What's the difference between the two nights?

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:22:41 PM »
Well I mean there is the obvious in setlists and the like.

It would be cool for some info on...

-Easiness of getting around, how the process for getting tickets checked and getting to your seats or in GA goes. Nice to know if there is any issues before me and many others go to our shows.

-How the stage functions and if the light show and subsequent effects are strong.

-How the band looks, feels, and most importantly, sounds! Especially evident on all of the new songs that'll be played.

-Maybe some insight into how the crowd is. Like if you notice more die hard fanatics over casuals, or something of the sort.

That's all I got for now. I'll see what else I can think of.  :)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 02:21:33 AM »
From reading here of late how many empty seats there are seems to be of great concern, so that's a definite...Maybe do a graph that gets updated every show  :)

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 02:28:45 AM »
2 things for me:

See what merchandise is available (might seem odd, but I always have to buy crap at a show.)

See what the end stage seat views will be like (the slightly cheaper seats facing the stage side on.)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »
I think knowing valuable info about where the GA line is, would be awesome. Especially since I've never been to Chicago.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »
I realize every venue will be a little different but hearing how the earlier GA lines go will be helpful, as well as hearing how the ticketless GAs go.

Offline qiinoM

• Stateless
  • maybe i'm amazed
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 02:15:44 PM »
even though i won't see them till sep 8 and 9, i want to know all about the earlier shows.

many of the things already mentioned and added to that: as a lyrics-person i'm particularly interested in variations/improvisations/mistakes whatever you wanna call 'm.

i was lucky enough to get red zone 2 for the second night (far away seats for the first) and i'm curious how many people get into a red zone, if it's crowded and still needs to be lined up for and for how long etc, same questions that are asked about ga.

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey gang,

@U2 will have a good amount of our staff in Vancouver next month for the start of the I+E tour. We'll be at both shows and we also plan to be outside when U2 does its dress rehearsal on May 12th. (They may do another on May 13th for all we know.)

1) What all would you like us to report on from Vancouver?

2) More generally, what would you like us to report on as the tour goes along?

For Vancouver,  1. sound: how was it? could you hear all the instruments clearly?,  2. performance: how well were the band playing? 3. Did they play A: two distinct sets w/6-8 songs switched out between nights?, or B: a "large core" of hits ,with 3-4 SOI songs inserted, both nights? For the first time in 32 years I'm on the fence about this leg....

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 09:45:34 PM »
I second lorijane's request for info about good GA spots.
Also agree with wanting info about the whole ticketless entry process (and how to avoid delays when doors open)

Bono reports are always welcome, too 😎

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 11:33:19 PM »
Can you utilize your app to report things like GA line, stage, seating? That way the info can easily be accessed at other shows for people to read on their phones and provide them some sort of guide for what they could expect.

There are other apps that were created or updated to help people out with meet ups and GA line info.

We will also need a good detail about how Bono is behaving, is he taking it easy or is he back to normal.

Thanks!

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 06:31:58 AM »
I would love to hear from fans how they experienced the shows.

Would love to see and hear about the stage set up and how it works for
the band and the fans.