Author Topic: Hello from Niagara  (Read 608 times)

Offline u24ever656

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hello from Niagara
« on: April 27, 2015, 02:10:35 PM »
Im a 36 year old man from the Garden City of Canada: St. Catharines, Ontario.  I have embraced the spirit of U2 since my pre-teens. I have always found the spirit of U2 to embody transcendental themes blending one's own personal consciousness with a collective societal consciousness. 

I grew up being dedicated and committed to the Spirit of U2 amidst all of the naysayers around me. I took assurance all throughout the 90s when media would highlight band breakups, scandals, bad business deals, lawsuits etc etc.. and MY band was PURE.. no haywire issues behind the scenes, MY band was solid. Surely, my belief told me then - this is the Spirit of U2.

Bono's song-writing reflected an optimism and hope amidst life's troubles. The Psalms. Incorporation religious scriptures, desperate cries for certainty. The Edge creates atmospheres with sound that resonate through my body. A few seconds of a chord from Ultraviolet or The Fly can still give me chills. Adam is the flexible bass that is able to permeate and create rhythm through any kind of material. It requires a sensitivity that only Adam can offer. Adam stretches out the heartbeat of the band. Its a beat that begins with Larry. The precise, methodical, logical on/off sound that only percussion can do is all within Larry.

I found myself connected to the Spirit of U2 in my greatest times of need.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: Hello from Niagara
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 02:31:52 PM »
Welcome, I live in Hamilton.

Offline u24ever656

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Hello from Niagara
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »
Nice to meet you miryclay. Daniel Lanois city. What are your thoughts with U2s new album?