Author Topic: ANY ONE ELSE " EXCITED " ABOUT THE NEW TOUR STAGE ?  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: ANY ONE ELSE " EXCITED " ABOUT THE NEW TOUR STAGE ?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »
Im in GA for 2 shows at London O2 The view from the floor is going to be amazing cant wait !! :-)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »
Definitely!

Both nights Denver GA
Opening night Chicago GA
Closing Night Boston GA
Opening 2 nights NYC GA

And at least 4 other seated nights among those cities too!

Very excited! Not only does the stage have the intimacy factor, that sound system had me as soon as I read about it!

Cannot wait!! 35 days!! ♥

Offline linds61119

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
I think this stage design is great. It's going to allow pretty much everyone on the floor a good view and a lot of front row space which is awesome. So super excited!

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Definitely!

Both nights Denver GA
Opening night Chicago GA
Closing Night Boston GA
Opening 2 nights NYC GA

Very excited! Not only does the stage have the intimacy factor, that sound system had me as soon as I read about it!

Wow mom that's great are all seven of you attending ?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
Excited about tour stage?

If it is the yellow stage that is making than rounds than yes.

Offline U2C

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 02:33:01 PM »
I'm very excited to seen them the first time in TD Garden and in SEE Hydro and the first time indoor since 1992.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
Definitely!

Both nights Denver GA
Opening night Chicago GA
Closing Night Boston GA
Opening 2 nights NYC GA

Have a great I&E mom !

I can't wait either. It's gonna be good to see them again.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 02:58:39 PM »
Thank you! I know you'll love your shows too! It will only be my third time seeing them at my first show this tour! Operation U2 Live Immersion! T-35 and counting!  8)

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »
Yup, me. It looks fantastic, and I am so excited to see the show. GA will be amazing this tour. Cant wait.

Offline ssstacoma

• Babyface
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
So excited!! Still three weeks away for the Phoenix shows.  Already driving my wife crazy with my excitement.  We're in seats for show one and GA for 2nd show.  The ones that seem upset with the stage are the ones that are willing to stand in line all day.  I can understand their concern not knowing if the long wait will benefit them.  I'm not standing out in that heat all day.  I'll walk in when the doors open and be happy wherever I end up on the floor!!!  I didn't wait in line for the 360 Tour in Seattle.  Ended up back a ways but still had the night of my life.  I think anywhere on the floor this time will be fabulous!!  It will be great to scout out the best places to try and be on the floor during show #1!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 06:38:43 PM »
Definitely!

Both nights Denver GA
Opening night Chicago GA
Closing Night Boston GA
Opening 2 nights NYC GA

Wow mom that's great are all seven of you attending ?

Nope. I asked the entire gang and only have 2 takers. My 23 year old is doing the road trip to Chicago with me. She's also going with me to opening night MSG and we have GA. She's the one who saw both of my 360 shows (in different seats than mine) and loved U2! She doesn't know yet, but I found her a GA for opening night Chicago. (HUGE thank you to someone here on our forum!) I was able to buy only one GA in the general sale. We have seats for Chicago #2.

My oldest is wondering what all the fuss is about and liked her FREE SOI iTunes. She was listening to it on the way home from work that very surprising September day and asked me if I had heard it yet when she walked in the door.  ;) For closing night MSG, July 31st, she's going with me and friends and meeting up w/ her friend who lives in NYC. That friend (my other son! ♥) is the one I bought a U2 by U2 book for years ago because he was into them, more than I was at the time! The only U2 by U2 I now have are the two I've found used.  ::)

Other than that, it's just me, wonderful friends, and lots of U2 fans!!  8)

ssstacoma - I share your excitement! :D

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 11:42:59 PM »
Definitely!

Both nights Denver GA
Opening night Chicago GA
Closing Night Boston GA
Opening 2 nights NYC GA

Wow, wow. I have only seen them 3 times in 22 years, and have certainly wanted to see them more than that.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 11:48:26 PM »
Which tours have you seen? I've only seen 360, and that caused this.  :)

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 12:08:41 AM »
I think the stage design is fantastic. They have come up with a design to make any arena feel small. Everybody in the entire arena will feel like they are close to the action and everyone on the floor will feel like they have court side seats to an NBA game. They have put a lot of thought into bringing the audience closer. In fact they have continually worked harder at doing this their entire careers.
There's one story of how Bono ran to the top rows of an arena in Japan just to get the audience more involved in the show. Of course there any many stories of how he used to climb on top of speaker stacks to interact with the audience more. It's part of who U2 are to bring the audience as close as possible.
I too am excited with the great lengths they have gone to this time around. It's going to be a really theatrical show with a real story telling feel to it. I won't get to see it either. I doubt the show will be the same by the time they get to stadiums, unless they decide to do an even larger scale version of the same thing, which would still be really cool.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 12:11:59 AM »
Which tours have you seen? I've only seen 360, and that caused this.  :)

1993- Zoomerang at the MCG. It was $65 for a ticket, I was a poor student first year out of school, up in the stands.
1998- POPMART in Melbourne (one show only in Melbourne). Ticket was $100, camped out over night to buy the tickets, and got within a couple rows of the front.
2010- 360 in Moscow. Flew from Siberia especially for the show. Went with another friend. Ticket was still $100 12 years later. Got pretty close to the front of the stadium.

I usually watch on from a distance as they criss cross all over America on every tour. You guys don't know how lucky you are.