Author Topic: Suggestion for @U2 Tours  (Read 1062 times)

Offline The Fly

• Stateless
Suggestion for @U2 Tours
« on: May 05, 2015, 12:18:16 PM »
Hi guys,

The new tour site is awesome. I love that you've got statistics on how many times each song was played. Something that might be cool would be the frequency each song has been played since its release. For example, while "Vertigo" has far fewer plays than "I Will Follow," it's been played at 100% of shows since its release (at least major tour shows... I think). I don't know how difficult that would be, but it would be very interesting!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: Suggestion for @U2 Tours
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:33:35 PM »
Hmmmmm. Interesting idea. We'd have to skip all the listings from the Miscellaneous tour, because it wouldn't be fair to include those (i.e., like Bono singing today at Stanford). But if we only run the count against actual tour concerts, that might work.

One problem is that the Releases database doesn't currently include release dates, so we'd have to modify that part of the site, too, in order to be able to do the math determining the percentage of times a song has been played.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: Suggestion for @U2 Tours
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »
Matt, the tour site is great and comprehensive. Have you thought of having a calender feature like ticketmaster.com has? I ask not as much for past shows but for upcoming dates. U2gigs is also informative but is very linear. And thats not very U2.