Author Topic: Which city will be filmed?  (Read 3641 times)

Offline tofubeast

• Wanderer
Which city will be filmed?
« on: May 09, 2015, 02:00:47 PM »
Has the city been named that they'll film for this upcoming tour? If not, which location do you think will be chosen and why?

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Which city will be filmed?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has the city been named that they'll film for this upcoming tour? If not, which location do you think will be chosen and why?

Well, if it's in the U.S., we had Boston, Chicago, and L.A. the last time around... maybe they'll finally do New York this time? The 8 shows scheduled would justify it too.

Europe/worldwise, I have no idea. They could always do Slane Castle Part 2 via an Ireland show, but who knows?

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
About time they ventured outside of the US to film, they really should do London in my opinion, usually get decent crowds and I dont think they've ever filmed any concerts there or in the UK.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »
I think either New York or London, as those have a high number of shows. Also, it would be good for somewhere that isn't mainland bloody America to be represented. The last time the DVD wasn't filmed in the Americas was 1993 (!), and before that.... never. p.s. I know about Slane, but that was only released after insane pressure following the TV broadcast of the show and never intended to be a proper release.

Offline tofubeast

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 02:17:14 PM »
Even though I'm hitting up a NY show, I'd prefer London or elsewhere outside USA. I was at the Boston tapings. The Boston shows after the filming were way better and had more varied setlists.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
The one where GA is filled with good looking people. Last nights Fallon (albeit a good performance by the band) was absolutely cringeworthy for the fact that every person standing really close to the stage was a great looking, young female and quite obviously non-fan.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »
First night in Vancouver hopefully.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
Amsterdam would be lovely !!

8)

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 02:59:46 PM »
They should film Barcelona. From what I've heard from others on this forum, the Spanish crowds are awesome.

For a U.S. date, the only reason I don't think it'll be New York is because MSG is notorious for charging a fortune to use their name on live releases. Lots of bands I follow don't release large scale DVD/CDs from MSG because of the cost.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 03:25:46 PM »
How long does it take to produce/edit these DVD's? I had heard it mentioned elsewhere that if they wanted the DVD released for the Christmas period it'll have to be a North America show. I hope not, the crowds aren't great. Those Italian/Spanish crazies would be good. Barcelona does have a good ring to it (more so than Turin).

I'm going to shows in Lonon & Paris. I hope it's not one of these shows. I went to the Rosebowl show, the GA line was nuts, & there were plenty of W#nkers in the inner circle, wanting their 5 seconds of fame. Even worse though, all 4 shows I saw on that leg had the EXACT same setlist, as they were treated as Rosebowl rehearsals. Even Vancouver, which followed Rosebowl (& was the last show in the leg), had the same setlist. If I go from the promise of seeing sets of "2 distinct shows", to 4 nights of the exact same show, I won't be happy.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:29:42 PM by d.darroch »

Analog_Luddite

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »
London

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 03:30:24 PM »
Let's see :

a) they'll want a Crimbo 2015-time DVD so early leg shoot is in order. As their 2000's tours would suggest it's either first or second leg.
b) several show location in order to fully rehearse the camera, lightning etc.
c) after Boston and Chicago, there's one major US city left without a DVD...and it's got 8 shows scheduled. (LA but no way are they filming that early in the tour.. taken care of due to 360 DVD at the Rose Bowl.)
d) Sydney, Mexico, Boston, Chicago, Milan, U2 3D in S. America...it's time for N. America again.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:37:47 PM by xy »

Analog_Luddite

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 03:32:25 PM »
the rosebowl was America as well.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 03:36:03 PM »
Also, I'm pretty sure it costs less to haul the DVD filming crew to America or Europe than it does on other continents.

That said...I would love a S. American city DVD sometime. Those Vertigo tour pro shot DVDs look amazing...

Offline u2beez

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The one where GA is filled with good looking people. Last nights Fallon (albeit a good performance by the band) was absolutely cringeworthy for the fact that every person standing really close to the stage was a great looking, young female and quite obviously non-fan.

they always did that for fallon, even on the band benches or whatever they called them on hos previous show.