Author Topic: Will fans forgive U2?  (Read 1891 times)

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
Re: Will fans forgive U2?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »
I will forgive U2 if they play a great show next time I see them. I am pretty confident they will be forgiven (they're 100 percent so far).

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 09:18:04 PM »
Admittedly, the article title is misleading.  The takeaway is in the final paragraphs.  The real question that McCormick is asking if fans (casual & hardcore) will buy into this new tour concept.  It's not like they haven't done this before;  ZOO TV was supposedly about a guy who goes on an all night bender and the consequences of the party hard lifestyle; Popmart was supposed to explore the notion of over-commercialization & rampant consumerism in society; the Vertigo Tour was Bono's reflection on parenthood and the passing of his father & what it means to be a parent.

I guess we'll have to wait to see if they're presenting new ideas or if they're just rehashing themes from previous tours.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:58:10 AM by LToy »

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 11:07:41 PM »
Any fan that feels that U2 needs to beg them for "forgiveness" should feel free to hit the door. what a ridiculous conceit.

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 02:03:38 AM »
"Having spent three years making Songs of Innocence" - more like six years.

Offline michaelz

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 05:44:58 AM »
stupid article.

why would we, as fans, need to forgive u2 for giving us a free album??

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 07:17:21 AM »
Stupid headline, not stupid article. But the headline did get attention, so it succeeded on one level. And I don't think the writer wrote the headline, usually someone else does that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:19:45 AM by lorijane »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 09:09:11 AM »
Headline writers and editors are the worst. I only write for the small campus newspaper, but I've been annoyed with my headlines on a couple of occasions.

Offline IndianSummerSky

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 09:43:43 PM »
Forgive them? I got up and danced in my cubicle at work when I found out that not only was there a new U2 album, but that it was already mine, and for free. (Coworkers thought I'd blown a gasket). It wasn't even my birthday!   And to have it be a GOOD album was even better (I really did not like NLOTH, sorry).  Not sure what I'm supposed to forgive - or what McCormick is asking the fans to forgive - the tour is sold out across the world!  This is just a lousy clickbait headline, imho.

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 01:06:32 AM »
#ThankYouU2&Apple!!!!!

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 01:41:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Headline writers and editors are the worst. I only write for the small campus newspaper, but I've been annoyed with my headlines on a couple of occasions.

Yeah, headline is misleading & clouds the gist of the (complimentary, really) article - especially since the author never mentions forgiveness, and the article isn't represented well by the title. But, as lj said, got attention (similar to iTunes 'kerfuffle?')
Btw- I love that, with your comment, you are identifying w Neil (from a professional standpoint)... So, 2 degrees of separation from the band?  ;) ;D