Author Topic: Red Zone not worth it??  (Read 3524 times)

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Red Zone not worth it??
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 03:09:08 AM »
That's a real shame about the RZ especially at that price.

We had Red Zones for both 360 nights at Wembley and like d.darroch, we won them in an auction about 120 a ticket for each show which I thought was brilliant value as GA's were about 60. Being a stadium show it guaranteed a good spot near the stage but even better it allowed you to walk freely into the inner circle.

For $400 a ticket this time , I would have expected a RZ at both ends of the arena plus a small seated area so you could get elevated !
Also waiter service for drinks would be good too !

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 01:33:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well guys, RZ really was not worth the price. I know it is for charity but when you buy something after reading you would be getting this and that (own bar, own restroom) and the diagram looked way different than it turned out, I think most people would be disappointed or upset. Plus, in the beginning it said 50 people per side, but I was told it was 100 per side tonight. I am ok with that, still a small number. It was not good views. I was on the north side with Adam. Bono and Edge never came over to that side. There was a camera crew out in the pit. The majority of my pics include this guy blocking part of the view. The set list was better tonight but had better views in GA the night before. And finally the people who won the chance to take a backstage tour had it cut short or something to that affect. I received an email from RZ team with apologies to everyone.

Sorry that happened, Beth.

An apology doesn't really cut it. They need to make amends. They can't recreate that night for you, but there needs to be something done. LiveNation/Oseary/Vogel/Larry! Acknowledge this and display the class that is U2, please.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 03:39:15 PM »
I'm with bonofaninaustin & for these reasons: it was much more expensive than last tour,

Was it that much more? I think I paid $300 or $325/ticket last tour, and I thought it ranged from $300-$350 depending on the market. Is it $400/ticket for this tour? I do see your point about the amenities not being what they were. It does surprise me to hear it was crowded. I think I've done RZ 2 or 3 times, and it never seemed more than 1/3 full.

I recall paying about $140/ticket (Cdn$) before taxes but would have to check my ticket stubs to be sure. If so, then that's about double the price 5 years ago.

The layout & amenities were all right there previously ( from stage to plaza edge)  & it wasn't overcrowded like this time. The latter - overcrowding - is more my concern than the amenities.

Well guys, RZ really was not worth the price. I know it is for charity but when you buy something after reading you would be getting this and that (own bar, own restroom) and the diagram looked way different than it turned out, I think most people would be disappointed or upset. Plus, in the beginning it said 50 people per side, but I was told it was 100 per side tonight. I am ok with that, still a small number. It was not good views. I was on the north side with Adam. Bono and Edge never came over to that side. There was a camera crew out in the pit. The majority of my pics include this guy blocking part of the view. The set list was better tonight but had better views in GA the night before. And finally the people who won the chance to take a backstage tour had it cut short or something to that affect. I received an email from RZ team with apologies to everyone.

An apology doesn't really cut it. They need to make amends. They can't recreate that night for you, but there needs to be something done. LiveNation/Oseary/Vogel/Larry! Acknowledge this and display the class that is U2, please.

Oddly did not get an email/ apology.  ??? Agree w/ mdmomof7 & bonofaninaustin - at the very least they need to fix this - foremost (for me) - the location with too many people in too shallow a space & second, lacking the close amenities. Security moving about constantly was also a problem in this narrow space (very annoying & disruptive).  It would be better to have a deeper RZ with less people to justify the price.

Offline u2beez

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 03:56:11 PM »
If the RZ diagram changed after you bought the tickets, and they didn't provide something promised -- here a bar -- that is technically fraud, unless TM has some legalese that covers them.

Please keep us posted on this. That's a lot of money to be the subject of a bait-and-switch. If you don't want to reveal the design of the stage that early, then don't show a diagram. Just call it 'a priority spot' and leave it vague. Otherwise, again, kind of fraud.

Fraud? There's always something in the language that protects against changes in production.  It's not fraud.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »
it's never worth it.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
it's never worth it.

I disagree. GA is by far the best deal & usually my 'go-to' preferred ticket & place. Best thing about RZ for which a premium is paid, is not having to queue all day.  The queue is great fun for meeting other fans but not everyone can do this (time, work or health). So it's the next best thing to GA b/c you can float into the GA anyways if you want.   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:16:00 PM by p8ru2 »

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 04:42:09 PM »
* queue.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 05:16:17 PM »
My bad! Corrected  :P

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 07:19:36 PM »
The email with the apology was just about the shortened backstage tour. No one has responded to my email that I sent to the RZ people.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 07:32:10 PM »
The email with the apology was just about the shortened backstage tour. No one has responded to my email that I sent to the RZ people.

Thx for the update & keep us posted.  I hope you hear something - I may well write them when I'm less exhausted & wired.

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 12:52:10 AM »
I'm with bonofaninaustin & for these reasons: it was much more expensive than last tour,

Was it that much more? I think I paid $300 or $325/ticket last tour, and I thought it ranged from $300-$350 depending on the market. Is it $400/ticket for this tour? I do see your point about the amenities not being what they were. It does surprise me to hear it was crowded. I think I've done RZ 2 or 3 times, and it never seemed more than 1/3 full.

I recall paying about $140/ticket (Cdn$) before taxes but would have to check my ticket stubs to be sure. If so, then that's about double the price 5 years ago.

The layout & amenities were all right there previously ( from stage to plaza edge)  & it wasn't overcrowded like this time. The latter - overcrowding - is more my concern than the amenities.

Oddly did not get an email/ apology.  ??? Agree w/ mdmomof7 & bonofaninaustin - at the very least they need to fix this - foremost (for me) - the location with too many people in too shallow a space & second, lacking the close amenities. Security moving about constantly was also a problem in this narrow space (very annoying & disruptive).  It would be better to have a deeper RZ with less people to justify the price.

I haven't been yet (RZ on May 27th) and I'm a little miffed.

But, if I had not purchased RZ, I would have purchased lower level for $318. Being able to be near the stage (which I have never done before) AND not have to line up all day is worth the extra $32 per ticket over the lower level seat price.
So we'll see.... money's already spent...

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 01:32:52 PM »
If the RZ diagram changed after you bought the tickets, and they didn't provide something promised -- here a bar -- that is technically fraud, unless TM has some legalese that covers them.

Please keep us posted on this. That's a lot of money to be the subject of a bait-and-switch. If you don't want to reveal the design of the stage that early, then don't show a diagram. Just call it 'a priority spot' and leave it vague. Otherwise, again, kind of fraud.

Fraud? There's always something in the language that protects against changes in production.  It's not fraud.

Well, like I specifically said in my post, unless there is legalese that protects them ... Really getting frustrated with people who don't take the time to read posts before arguing with them.

Legally, it is fraud to sell a service and not provide it. If you say this gets you a, b, c and d, legally, you can't say 'whoops, sorry about c and d.' Again, there's probably fine print that reads 'subject to change, blah, blah, blah' but that's not a very good way to treat fans who paid a premium price, is it?