Author Topic: Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots  (Read 10116 times)

Offline BonosTitaniumElbow

• Wanderer
Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots
« on: May 15, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »
Thrilled that Bono finally got rid of his 1996ish platform shoes that ska girls with the super baggy jeans (the ones with the ridiculous pant legs that 5 people could fit into) wore back in the day. 

But umm... the high heeled boots are worse.  How is this even possible?  The only thing that comes to mind is David Brent in the original "The Office"...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:22:40 PM by BonosTitaniumElbow »

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
Re: Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 03:20:09 PM »
Sergio Georgini...

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:22:24 PM »
Adam always was the coolest member of U2.  It's amazing how he's morphed into also being the handsomest by a wide margin.

I can't believe nobody can help Bono with his horrible fashion.  It's been embarrassing since 2003.  And the last time he was anywhere approaching "cool" was the Popmart days.  Can't Adam pull him aside and say "look, mate.  You're basically the face of U2.  Please put on some trainers and shed 20 pounds and fix your hair.  Mick bloody Jagger looks three times better than you and he's done 20 times the drugs and is 20 years older to boot."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:24:34 PM by BonosTitaniumElbow »

Offline Doc_Holiday

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 09:04:03 AM »
Bono's weight was fine last time I saw, he only looked bloated during the Vertigo tour.. Did he got fat during the accident recovery? I haven't seen new footage of him

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono's weight was fine last time I saw, he only looked bloated during the Vertigo tour.. Did he got fat during the accident recovery? I haven't seen new footage of him

Yeah every other member of U2 looks fantastic and could fit into their high school jeans.  Bono looks 30 pounds overweight.

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 01:04:45 PM »

.  Bono looks 30 pounds overweight.
And this interrups your everyday life how?

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 01:57:17 PM »

Yeah every other member of U2 looks fantastic and could fit into their high school jeans.  Bono looks 30 pounds overweight.

This is about the fifth or sixth comment I've seen you make about Bono's weight. When are you gonna post a picture of yourself? You must be very hot.

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 02:40:28 PM »
it's ok for folk to have opinions but can we not forget that U2 are in their 50's now? I'm telling you if i look 25% as good as they do when im their age i'll be a happy man. I get the pressure to look 'cool' etc being in a band and all but jeez! I think they look great and so far the tour looks incredible can't wait for the UK shows.....Although, i will get back to the original point the boots should go! :D (Though i'm not going to the gigs to look at his boots i want the tunes!)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:23:54 AM »

This is about the fifth or sixth comment I've seen you make about Bono's weight. When are you gonna post a picture of yourself? You must be very hot.

Agreed @JHook. Titanium is Trolling. Bono is in no way "overweight" let alone by 30 lbs. He's trim & pretty darn fit after his accident.

v.U2start - LA this tour: visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Phoenix: visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 01:14:46 PM »
was hoping this thread would slide off into oblivion.

Regarding the boots, they are literally no higher than your standard cowboy boot.  I also invite you to check out the foot wear of rockstars and musicians throughout the history of forever.   Also, 'rock star does funny thing to his hair' =not news either.  And while I'm here, I just watch a ZooTV show and there's Bman in black jacket, black shirt, black pants, black shoes with a heel, and, during BTBS, he's sporting aviators. 

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 01:27:56 PM »
Yes, Bono's liked black on black for some time now et al.  None of this is "news" - that's why it's not in the news section!  ::) ;)  His fashion is commented on, as trivial as it may be but 'hits' are often emulated or admired even by guys here & swooned over by women. His misses not so much. It's all part and parcel to fan forum(s) & Bono being a rock star & entertainer.  Same with the rest of the band.

Offline PopmuzikMofo

• Refugee
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 03:15:55 PM »
Hey OP, why are you obsessed with how Bono looks? First it was his hair, then the glasses, and now his weight (which is fine) and the boots that he's wearing. I'm with JHook; I think you should post a picture of yourself so we can critique how you look.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:20:02 PM by PopmuzikMofo »

Offline fishcci

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 11:46:07 PM »
Adam always was the coolest member of U2.  It's amazing how he's morphed into also being the handsomest by a wide margin.

I can't believe nobody can help Bono with his horrible fashion.  It's been embarrassing since 2003.  And the last time he was anywhere approaching "cool" was the Popmart days.  Can't Adam pull him aside and say "look, mate.  You're basically the face of U2.  Please put on some trainers and shed 20 pounds and fix your hair.  Mick bloody Jagger looks three times better than you and he's done 20 times the drugs and is 20 years older to boot."
I don't think Titaniums trolling; I feel the same way about how he looks. I don't judge Bono's worth by how he looks. Just compared to his other looks, right now he doesn't look his best or "coolest". Which is ok. It's just something to talk about. Not putting him down.... 

Boom Cha!

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 12:44:45 AM »
Do any of them still wear those terrible Frankenstein's monster type shoes?

Offline Poswatz

• Stateless
  • Sadie got off on the 48th floor... so did I.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 06:46:40 AM »
Do any of them still wear those terrible Frankenstein's monster type shoes?

It looks like Edge is wearing Docs, which are a little chunky, but I wouldn't call them Frankensteinish.