Author Topic: Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots  (Read 9991 times)

Offline BonosTitaniumElbow

• Wanderer
Re: Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 06:59:15 AM »
I love Bono very much - He's got more talent and has done more good for the world than most anyone on the planet.  I know it seems that I'm trolling him at times, but I can see crystal clear how and why he (and as a result, U2) get so much hate from casual music fans.  He's very easy to make fun of compared to Mick Jagger or Liam Gallagher or Chris Martin, who all "look" like world class rock stars; whereas Bono in his current incarnation of blonde hair, too-trendy haircut, high heeled boots, way-too-trendy and feminine sunglasses combo when everybody in the world is rocking oversized Tom Ford or Ray Ban aviators (despite having all the money in the world and access to world class advisors, trainers, etc.) looks like some absurd, flamboyantly gay dock worker who thinks he's cool.

Bono looked really great and hip all the way up through Popmart, and then he kind of jumped the shark by either becoming a parody of himself or what a middle-age rock star who is "trying too hard" should be.  Adam, Edge, and Larry are all cool as hell but the face of the band and the guy who gets more publicity than the rest of them combined looks like a strange combination of Elvis Costello, Robin Williams, and Ricky Gervais parodying a rock star.

But I do love Bono so much - even with all of this said.  I just wish that Adam would give him fashion advice and Edge would make him do yoga and Larry would get him on a fitness diet.

If Bono would lose 15 pounds, get a cool haircut, and stop dressing like a tool I'd have absolutely no criticism of him. 

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Look how cool and handsome he would be if he just had a normal haircut and wore cool clothes. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:10:55 AM by BonosTitaniumElbow »

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I love Bono very much - He's got more talent and has done more good for the world than most anyone on the planet.  I know it seems that I'm trolling him at times, but I can see crystal clear how and why he (and as a result, U2) get so much hate from casual music fans.  He's very easy to make fun of compared to Mick Jagger or Liam Gallagher or Chris Martin, who all "look" like world class rock stars; whereas Bono in his current incarnation of blonde hair, too-trendy haircut, high heeled boots, way-too-trendy and feminine sunglasses combo when everybody in the world is rocking oversized Tom Ford or Ray Ban aviators (despite having all the money in the world and access to world class advisors, trainers, etc.) looks like some absurd, flamboyantly gay dock worker who thinks he's cool.

Bono looked really great and hip all the way up through Popmart, and then he kind of jumped the shark by either becoming a parody of himself or what a middle-age rock star who is "trying too hard" should be.  Adam, Edge, and Larry are all cool as hell but the face of the band and the guy who gets more publicity than the rest of them combined looks like a strange combination of Elvis Costello, Robin Williams, and Ricky Gervais parodying a rock star.

But I do love Bono so much - even with all of this said.  I just wish that Adam would give him fashion advice and Edge would make him do yoga and Larry would get him on a fitness diet.

If Bono would lose 15 pounds, get a cool haircut, and stop dressing like a tool I'd have absolutely no criticism of him. 

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Look how cool and handsome he would be if he just had a normal haircut and wore cool clothes.

So are you twelve years old, homophobic, or just supremely shallow? If you think Bono's style is some kind of reflection on your own (I'm assuming) manhood, you have a problem. Go see U2 live and watch the women freaking out. Perhaps what you find acceptable for a rock star is your own experience, and not universal.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 10:35:59 AM »

I'm not trying to make fun of you:  It must be hard for u to be so "perfect' and expecting Bono to be like that as well. Maybe you just long back for the old days?

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 11:05:56 AM »

LemonadeSupernova

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 11:09:42 AM »

I gotta admit Bono does look a whole lot sexier there.  If girls are going crazy over him now, they'd wanna lick whipped cream off of that Bono.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »
Who cares if he wants heeled boots, like Prince, as long as he doesn't trip and kill himself.

LemonadeSupernova

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 02:17:36 PM »
Originally it was men who wore high heels in olden days, women didn't.  Women only started wearing heels to give them height when interacting with men.  So elevator heels is no big deal.

Offline JHook

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »

I gotta admit Bono does look a whole lot sexier there.  If girls are going crazy over him now, they'd wanna lick whipped cream off of that Bono.

Uh...speaking as a woman? Still would. It's Bono, fercrissakes. What he's got, he's got. Anyway, what year is this? Since when do rock stars require "normal" hair? Who let my Dad in here?

LemonadeSupernova

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 01:47:12 PM »

Uh...speaking as a woman? Still would. It's Bono, fercrissakes.

Would you pack a lunch and spend a while there? :D

Offline JHook

• Numb
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »

Uh...speaking as a woman? Still would. It's Bono, fercrissakes.

Would you pack a lunch and spend a while there? :D

In a word, yes. :D

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 08:53:38 PM »
Chris Martin looks a rock star? :o
Oh, dear, what is this this world coming to....

The Jackal

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
Chris Martin looks a rock star? :o
Oh, dear, what is this this world coming to....

Maybe BTK thinks that one has to look a bit camp in order to be a "world class rock star."  Whereas Bono's a man's man.  He farts and drinks Guinness and everything.

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »
I like Chris Martin. He's cute and looks like a super nice person. Super nice like the graduate student next door. And that's totally fine.  But I'm just a little bit weary of having our rock stars look super-cool and sleek and inoffensive.  I'll take David Bowie, Joey Ramone, Patty Smith, U2 throughout the decades, all my other favorite bands and musicians with freaky haircuts and odd clothes, any day. I like misfits.

Hearing Bono last night say something to the Meerkat fan,  along the lines of making him look taller, thinner, smart and funny, made me a little sad. He's trying to sing his heart out to fans and you got  people going 'i don't like his shoes.'   

The Jackal

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »
I like Chris Martin. He's cute and looks like a super nice person. Super nice like the graduate student next door. And that's totally fine.  But I'm just a little bit weary of having our rock stars look super-cool and sleek and inoffensive.  I'll take David Bowie, Joey Ramone, Patty Smith, U2 throughout the decades, all my other favorite bands and musicians with freaky haircuts and odd clothes, any day. I like misfits.

Hearing Bono last night say something to the Meerkat fan,  along the lines of making him look taller, thinner, smart and funny, made me a little sad. He's trying to sing his heart out to fans and you got  people going 'i don't like his shoes.'

That's women for you.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 04:53:01 PM »
Who cares if he wants heeled boots, like Prince, as long as he doesn't trip and kill himself.

I like the boots in the old black & white street pictures, i think they are groovy.... :D :D