Author Topic: Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots  (Read 9992 times)

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
Re: Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like Chris Martin. He's cute and looks like a super nice person. Super nice like the graduate student next door. And that's totally fine.  But I'm just a little bit weary of having our rock stars look super-cool and sleek and inoffensive.  I'll take David Bowie, Joey Ramone, Patty Smith, U2 throughout the decades, all my other favorite bands and musicians with freaky haircuts and odd clothes, any day. I like misfits.

Hearing Bono last night say something to the Meerkat fan,  along the lines of making him look taller, thinner, smart and funny, made me a little sad. He's trying to sing his heart out to fans and you got  people going 'i don't like his shoes.'

That's women for you.

Funny. I'm a woman and I've been defending his looks and his choices on this thread and on the other one, too. That's sweeping generalizations for you.

Tuolumne, yours is my favorite comment ever. Rock stars were never supposed to look cookie-cutter. Having every hair in place is the antithesis of rock.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: Bono's comicly horrendous high-heeled boots
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 07:34:05 PM »
I have to say that this tour the band in general are showing some really fancy footwear. Applause, applause.