Author Topic: What's up with the giant iPhone?  (Read 719 times)

Waffles

What's up with the giant iPhone?
« on: May 17, 2015, 01:54:00 AM »
Anyone notice how they pull a fan up and they are being filmed on the screen with iPhone stuff? Does the band have an iPhone or are they hooking fans up?

An Cat Dubh

Re: What's up with the giant iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:09:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone notice how they pull a fan up and they are being filmed on the screen with iPhone stuff? Does the band have an iPhone or are they hooking fans up?

For one song (first night Sweetest Thing, second night Love Town) Bono pulls up a fan onto the smaller 'e' stage to film the band when they are performing. The images are projected up on the screen. The crew hands Bono the phone who in turn gives it the fan.

Waffles

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 02:36:52 AM »
ahhhh okay. Wasn't sure if they were taking A fans phone. If Bono pulled me up. I would have fun filming and get really close to the members. The two who've been pulled so far just stood there

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 04:18:28 AM »
ahhhh okay. Wasn't sure if they were taking A fans phone. If Bono pulled me up. I would have fun filming and get really close to the members. The two who've been pulled so far just stood there

The girl the first night did a brilliant job. Close ups and action shots from multiple angles of all 4 members of the band, and the audience. The girl the second night was not so good.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 04:47:51 AM »

But no touching okay.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 06:29:18 AM »
So they just have a bunch of spare phones to give away? ???

That's a cool thing though, it's like what they did with Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World on Zoo TV. The fan filming the band.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 07:41:17 AM »

But no touching okay.

Pffft!  ;)

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 07:54:16 AM »
That's a cool thing though, it's like what they did with Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World on Zoo TV. The fan filming the band.

They did that at one of the London shows on the Vertigo Tour as well, during Mysterious Ways. The girl was holding the camera sideways the whole time!

Offline Chrisedge

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 08:40:35 AM »

The girl the first night did a brilliant job. Close ups and action shots from multiple angles of all 4 members of the band, and the audience. The girl the second night was not so good.

And I liked night two better. The girl night one kept filming the audience! n2 girl got much better close ups of Bono and the Edge

Offline Petejbridge

• Stateless
  • Clockworks and cold steel...
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »
What I thought was funny though was that at least on night 2 the girl actually never pushed the record button because the timer never began counting.  It just stayed at 00:00 the whole time..

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:15 AM »
For Vancouver 2 they broadcast Angel of Harlem via Meerkat, so this is where the iPhone streaming went.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 10:53:01 AM »
For Vancouver 2 they broadcast Angel of Harlem via Meerkat, so this is where the iPhone streaming went.
This is a bit ironic in that Periscope is a bit better platform and currently available only for iPhones.  ;)

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 11:31:40 AM »
This is a bit ironic in that Periscope is a bit better platform and currently available only for iPhones.  ;)

Periscope is built by Twitter. I think Meerkat is an entity in itself. Twitter have a lot of incentive in growing their product. I am sure Periscope has tonnes of money making potential for them. I can imagine a lot of viral type advertising going on.