Author Topic: Who else thinks Miracle Drug is a top 10 worst U2 song ever?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline michaelz

• Wanderer
Re: Who else thinks Miracle Drug is a top 10 worst U2 song ever?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2015, 02:30:04 AM »
never liked it.

makes me gag.

what's the rational behind playing it?

so many other much more powerful alternatives that could please fans.

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2015, 08:33:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Miracle Drug cannot hold a candle to Stand Up Comedy, The Playboy Mansion, and, for me, Volcano. Of course, there's also the mess that is Elvis Presley and America, although that one kind of grew on me over the years.

Oh my gosh, don't even get me started on Stand Up Comedy.  Now Playboy Mansion, that's another story.

Offline acrobatnation

• Wanderer
  • Shout for JOY if you get the chance
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2015, 02:23:30 PM »
It isn't my favorite but it isn't much worse than Angel of Harlem or Love Comes to Town... Sorry but those will not be my U2 staples played during my funeral.  And why they are being played this tour when other songs are ignored.  Why no love for other U2 tunes.  No love for October, War, Pop, and limited love for UF, All That You Can't Leave Behind, and NOTHING from No Line on the Horizon... I don't get it. 

Offline ross_ander

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »
All the band need to do is look around when this song is playing and soon see the hundreds streaming for the toilet/bar and the rest just 'meh..is this that song on the album after the one with Beautiful Day on it?' faces.

BUT LOOK!  PRETTY LIGHT BULB TUBE THINGS ARE ALL OVER THE STAGE!! *takes pictures*

Offline BonosTitaniumElbow

• Wanderer
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Most of our favorite album is either Pop or Achtung Baby.  Every time I read or hear that Bono's favorite album is also "Pop", and that Adam and Edge are "proud of it", I get so angry because it's clearly bullocks.  How can you never play any songs from your "favorite" (and most of your biggest fans' favorite) album and instead play crap like "Miracle Drug" and throwaway songs like "Invisible" or "Angel of Harlem"?

lucas.homem

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2015, 10:58:23 PM »
Most of our favorite album is either Pop or Achtung Baby.  Every time I read or hear that Bono's favorite album is also "Pop", and that Adam and Edge are "proud of it", I get so angry because it's clearly bullocks.  How can you never play any songs from your "favorite" (and most of your biggest fans' favorite) album and instead play crap like "Miracle Drug" and throwaway songs like "Invisible" or "Angel of Harlem"?

When did Bono say POP is his favorite album?? I'm confused. It's the opposite.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2015, 11:00:13 PM »

He never said that he said POPMART was his favorite tour.