Author Topic: Worried about my Chicago seats…Section 118  (Read 2323 times)

Offline iwillsinganewsong

• Stateless
Worried about my Chicago seats…Section 118
« on: May 21, 2015, 07:23:53 AM »
After seeing videos of the stage setup, I'm worried about my Chicago seats. I'm in Sections 118…which is the corner of the video screen. I don't think we are going to be able to see the screen very well at all and looks like the band is mostly on the main stage at the other end?
I'm flying in from another city, have a hotel room, and taking my teenager for their 1st U2 concert (Christmas gift) so lots of $$ for this concert. Am I looking at the floorplan/stage set up correctly?

Offline bravoland

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Worried about my Chicago seats…Section 118
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:37:18 AM »
i haven't been to a show but this video appears to be the view from the section directly in front of the e stage.  i think your view will be a little better than this
 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:39:28 AM »
Hi - You'll have a corner view from behind the 'i' (main stage), okay view of the catwalk but a bit of a hard angle view of the scree/upper staging. The band uses all stages & spends a good deal on the two extreme stages ( main 'i' stage & 'e' stage)  You may want to go a bit early and check the seats out - if you don't like them you can talk to stadium staff & ask to exchange your seats for a better view. 

This would be the closest example to your view (except opposite corner, stage left):
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:51:50 AM by p8ru2 »

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:36 AM »
I'm in 120.  I don't know for sure since I haven't been to an actual show yet, but you're still a corner like I am, and I've heard folks say the corners have very good views of the screen.  I think the main complaints have been about being dead on with the side of the screen (so, Chicago, section 117).  So, the question is, are you closer to the 117 side or to the 119 side.  And are you higher up or in a lower row?  I think that might matter too.  If you're taking your daughter, then the screen might be more important, so you could consider calling the venue to seek a trade out, but I'd see what other folks have to say in response on this thread first. 

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:50:14 AM »
I'm in 120.  I don't know for sure since I haven't been to an actual show yet, but you're still a corner like I am, and I've heard folks say the corners have very good views of the screen.  I think the main complaints have been about being dead on with the side of the screen (so, Chicago, section 117).  So, the question is, are you closer to the 117 side or to the 119 side.  And are you higher up or in a lower row?  I think that might matter too.  If you're taking your daughter, then the screen might be more important, so you could consider calling the venue to seek a trade out, but I'd see what other folks have to say in response on this thread first.
I'm in the 2nd to last row of 118 and on the edge towards 117….so pretty close to dead center….What I really would prefer is GA! HA!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 07:53:04 AM »

120 is way better & great views.  Sorry to say, 118 not as much, particularly if closer to 117.

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »

120 is way better & great views.  Sorry to say, 118 not as much, particularly if closer to 117.

Yes I agree…120 is much, much better. I'm in the first 2 seats of 118 so right next to 117. Ok, so do I call United Center or TM? These are my Fan tickets too….so bummed!!!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 08:00:36 AM »

Yes I agree…120 is much, much better. I'm in the first 2 seats of 118 so right next to 117. Ok, so do I call United Center or TM? These are my Fan tickets too….so bummed!!!

Some people are looking at putting their tickets online for resale w/ TM, fan trades, & ticket drops - Are you staying in CHI for a few days & flexible?  There's great seats online at TM for face - if you can change the date to the 29th or other date.  A few options.  If it were me, I'd get rid of them & gets seats at face ( even on upper tier) or see if you can score GA

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »
It'd be great to potentially unload tickets you don't want, but heck I paid full value ($330) with fees for my single section 120 seat and doubt I could get what I paid???  I don't want to unload my 120's, cuz I will have a good view of the screen, but what I do want to know is if I'm near the e stage or the i stage--I bought them thinking I'd be near the e and on this thread there are two conflicting views of where I'm at.  On the infamous ticketmaster seating chart thread, the for sure, definitive answer is that I'm near the I stage, but when you keep reading, not so definitive.

Ha, ha, called the United Center this morning and the guy was arguing with me that there was no I stage and no E stage, just one big rectangle.  So, needless to say, I'm waiting for the guest relations person to call me back.  Will keep my atu2 friends posted on what the venue tells me.

And mama, I agree with you on the GA, that'd be a good trade, I bet you may be able to do that.  I'm doing GA on Night 1 and section 120 on Night 2. 

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 08:16:03 AM »

Some people are looking at putting their tickets online for resale w/ TM, fan trades, & ticket drops - Are you staying in CHI for a few days & flexible?  There's great seats online at TM for face - if you can change the date to the 29th or other date.  A few options.  If it were me, I'd get rid of them & gets seats at face ( even on upper tier) or see if you can score GA

So we fly in on the 24th and that's when I have the 118 section seats (used my presale code). We are staying 2 nights b/c I have her birthday surprise which is night 2 tickets….nosebleeds….333….at least its on the side so can see whole screen & stage. I'm just bummed b/c I wanted the 1st night to be the "up close" experience and when I used my presale code. I'm all for selling them but since its my presale tickets then aren't they tied to my ID/Credit card? Sorry for all the questions…I'm trying to sort through this but the restrictions on trades/resale have me all confused : )

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 08:30:52 AM »
I just talked to Customer Relations at United Center and THAT didn't go very well! She kept telling me to be happy with my tickets b/c its a sold out show! She also told me it's not the United Center's problem and I need to talk to TicketMaster & the U2 Fan club for not be clearer on the seating chart.

She also said that my tickets can be resold w/out restriction to my ID/Credit card b/c they are not GA's? But since they were so clueless on other aspects I don't trust that.

I don't feel very optimistic about calling Ticketmaster….that never seems to go well. But guess its all I can do?

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »
Ahh, for me having two nights with one having a good view of the screen changes the whole equation.  Then I would keep 118 if I were you, but see my caveat below.   For me, I'm in GA Night 1 and if I get up close to the e stage I'll have zero view of the screen.  Night 2 in 120 I'll have a fine view of the screen.  One night with a screen out of two is good enough for me, but it's a matter of personal preference for you and your daughter.  But having that second night nosebleed would be insurance for me.

BTW, just got off the phone with the United Center and they told me 120 is on the I stage side, NOT the e stage side.  I selected my ticket thinking I'd be on the e stage side, but I think the majority of the action is on the I stage side, so either way it'll be fine.

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 08:50:06 AM »
Ahh, for me having two nights with one having a good view of the screen changes the whole equation.  Then I would keep 118 if I were you, but see my caveat below.   For me, I'm in GA Night 1 and if I get up close to the e stage I'll have zero view of the screen.  Night 2 in 120 I'll have a fine view of the screen.  One night with a screen out of two is good enough for me, but it's a matter of personal preference for you and your daughter.  But having that second night nosebleed would be insurance for me.

BTW, just got off the phone with the United Center and they told me 120 is on the I stage side, NOT the e stage side.  I selected my ticket thinking I'd be on the e stage side, but I think the majority of the action is on the I stage side, so either way it'll be fine.

Well CRAP that's even WORSE for me! That means I'm BEHIND the band! You have great tix regardless….GA & lower level side! I have behind the band and nosebleeds! The whole point of doing presale was to get CLOSE to the BAND! I don't care as much about the screen until it became an important part of this show. But for my "up close seats" to not give me a screen view or in front of the band….that's unacceptable. I'm pi**ed.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:52:30 AM by iwillsinganewsong »

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 08:58:10 AM »
@iwillsinganewsong - The TM person was a jerk. Great you've got other seats for 2nd night. That makes a difference. Check the forum atu2 ticket "sell/trades" section to see if any GAs or other face tickets for seats are available for June 24th. Worse comes to worse, you have the 2nd night.  Or you can put them for resale on TM & religiously check for ticket drops closer to the show (GA or seats). If it were me, I'd do the latter - sell em & take a chance to get GA so you can get up closer.  There seem to be GA ticket drops for 'most' shows so far.  If you can't get GA drop b/c it's 1st night, go for seats - at least you can get a better view, even from the corners. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:00:26 AM by p8ru2 »

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
Do ticket drops happen just a few days prior? Still makes my head spin I'm worrying about a ticket drop when I used my presale code for these tickets…..I thought these were my "sweet seats"

Thanks for everyone's advice & help. I'm trying to keep the perspective that at the very least I get to be in the building with this amazing band and sharing it with my sweet daughter.