Poll

Are you listening to U2 all day the day of your show?

Yes
18 (58.1%)
No
13 (41.9%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Are you listening to U2 all day the day of your show?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
Re: Are you listening to U2 all day the day of your show?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 11:20:33 PM »
Who doesn't?  There are a million ways to listen: Phone, Ipod, MP3, radio, CD player in the car, in the GA line, Discman, Walkman, boom box.....If you're listening to anything other than U2 the day of, you shouldn't be at the show!

Offline kevink31593

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 09:37:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I do and have always listened to U2 going in and when driving home from the show.  When I went to the San Jose show last week I listened to U2 the entire 4 hour drive there, I had made a special CD of tunes that I would think they would play for my Wife (it was her first U2 show) since she has listened to U2 before but was not a huge fan, she would not know some of the songs, so I wanted her to get familiar with some of the songs.

Denver will be my first I+E show and my fourth U2 show ever. I am bringing my fiancé for her first time seeing them. She's not a big fan but she does already know and like some U2 songs. I'm getting her ready by watching some of my U2 DVDs with her. We are halfway thru watching the following.

From the red rocks show: out of control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, electric co, I will follow, 40

From the Paris 87 dvd: still haven't, bad, pride, bullet, wowy

From rattle & hum movie: streets, desire, angel of Harlem

From zoo TV Sydney: real thing, mysterious ways, one, end of the world

From Boston elevation: elevation, beautiful day, stuck in a moment

From Chicago vertigo: city of blinding lights, vertigo, miracle drug

Also on the drive to Denver, we will be listening to studio versions of all songs they've played on I+E so far along with the full songs of innocence album.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:40:17 PM by kevink31593 »

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »
I can deal with listening to a band I'm seeing in the lead up, but I hate hearing them after the gig, ie whilst driving home. Hate it.

I remember seeing 360 in Vegas in 09 - come out on a massive high and there's a huge Winnebago RV blasting out Streets as we leave the car park. Terrible... I've just heard them live! I don't need a repeat!

Offline Rachel S.

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »
I pack in as much silence/quiet as possible.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can deal with listening to a band I'm seeing in the lead up, but I hate hearing them after the gig, ie whilst driving home. Hate it.

I remember seeing 360 in Vegas in 09 - come out on a massive high and there's a huge Winnebago RV blasting out Streets as we leave the car park. Terrible... I've just heard them live! I don't need a repeat!

Thought I was the only one who felt this way.  Quiet on the way home please.