Author Topic: Attention L.A. Concert Goers, Doors will open at 6:30pm.  (Read 4231 times)

Waffles

Re: Attention L.A. Concert Goers, Doors will open at 6:30pm.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 12:43:24 AM »
Honestly sly, I don't know. Obviously the forum doesn't give a crap about their line. I think they would be very pi**ed but if you beat them to the actual line, what can they do? If you get your wristband before them, they can't say anything. This is what I plan to do tomorrow. I basically will have a friend park the car while I make a mad dash to the line.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2015, 01:19:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Honestly sly, I don't know. Obviously the forum doesn't give a crap about their line. I think they would be very pi**ed but if you beat them to the actual line, what can they do? If you get your wristband before them, they can't say anything. This is what I plan to do tomorrow. I basically will have a friend park the car while I make a mad dash to the line.

cool... good luck.  i am GA tomorrow as well but I have no plans to be there before 5pm, so i'm not real worried about fighting the savage hordes for rail space.

Offline alodhia

• Babyface
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 02:32:52 AM »
Hey guys, I flew in from Sydney yesterday. I happen to be here ok work and of course U2 playing in LA this week the timing was perfect.

I need some local knowledge. I am currently in Pasadena and struggling to find out the best way of getting to the venue. If I take taxi I am looking at $200 return.

I can catch a metro to union station and then catch taxi but just wondering if there any any options I should consider. I must say the venue is in quite an inconvenient location.

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2015, 03:23:01 AM »
Hey guys, I flew in from Sydney yesterday. I happen to be here ok work and of course U2 playing in LA this week the timing was perfect.

I need some local knowledge. I am currently in Pasadena and struggling to find out the best way of getting to the venue. If I take taxi I am looking at $200 return.

I can catch a metro to union station and then catch taxi but just wondering if there any any options I should consider. I must say the venue is in quite an inconvenient location.

Maybe this will help? Or consider UBER.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2015, 09:16:31 AM »
Is there any off site parking around there where I won't have to pay what I'm sure is $20 in parking? The Forum is one LA venue I've never been to and will now be there twice this week. Thanks in advance.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2015, 11:35:39 AM »

Maybe this will help? Or consider UBER.

Honestly just rent a cheap car. It'll cost you less than trying to make it out there via my city's horrendous public transit/ taxis.

Offline SoCalU2Lover

• Babyface
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »
Is there any off site parking around there where I won't have to pay what I'm sure is $20 in parking? The Forum is one LA venue I've never been to and will now be there twice this week. Thanks in advance.

I park on Aerick St., which is off Prairie, 4 blocks north of Manchester.  It is the first street you can park on without any permit restrictions.  I've been parking there for the last 25+ years.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2015, 01:08:35 PM »

Wristbands :(  This is from U2 Fans group on FB

Is this a joke?  Or just the GA storm troopers publishing their nonsense as an attempt to legitimize it?

I'm not going to be bullied or bamboozled this time by any of these fans who think their entitled to make up their own set of rules and regulations.

Same here.

This is legitimate. The document comes straight from the forums website. I'm wondering if the venue will handle it like Phoenix did and not recognize this unofficial line.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »

I park on Aerick St., which is off Prairie, 4 blocks north of Manchester.  It is the first street you can park on without any permit restrictions.  I've been parking there for the last 25+ years.

Awesome. Thank you so much.

Offline EducateMyMind

• Wanderer
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2015, 03:31:45 PM »

[/quote]

This is legitimate. The document comes straight from the forums website. I'm wondering if the venue will handle it like Phoenix did and not recognize this unofficial line.
[/quote]

Well, at Phoenix 2 (don't know about the first night), the arena staff came out to the "unofficial" GA line, set up a table, and started giving wristbands to those of us in line. Even though the arena said they wouldn't recognize it, it sure seemed like they did. I was expecting to have to go across the street to the arena, but the staff came to us.

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 01:49:03 PM »
The way the stage is set up, everybody on the floor will at some point during the show have a great view of the band.  The stage set up isn't like the past few tours where only the people in the pit had a great view.

But then again, any seat is a good view in an arena compared to a stadium.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »
The way the stage is set up, everybody on the floor will at some point during the show have a great view of the band.  The stage set up isn't like the past few tours where only the people in the pit had a great view.

But then again, any seat is a good view in an arena compared to a stadium.

This is true. My seats were on the right side of the stage if you're looking at it and slightly behind it and they were perfect. I was really close to the band and had perfect view of the screen. I couldn't have been happier. What a show it was last night. Can't wait for tonight. Not sure how the band will be after losing such a long time band family member, but I can always count on U2 to give an amazing performance even with turmoil and sadness.

Waffles

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2015, 04:15:41 PM »
Haven't posted on awhile. Went yesterday, and the show was decent. Unfortunately, the Venus is using the fans fake line as the real one and only 240 wristbands given out. Otherwise, just show up at 7:00. Security and staff had no clue what to do. Everyone was just yelling at each other and beer was all over the floor. Had some moron come up to me and say get the f**k away. Unreal. Nonetheless, I was happy to hear california

Offline jimhb

• Babyface
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »
Do you know what time they passed out the wristbands?

Offline Chuqque

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »

Thanks for the great tip! We parked there last night and it was easy in/out.