Author Topic: Tour Bringing New Life to the SOI Songs  (Read 426 times)

Offline cmmott

• Babyface
Tour Bringing New Life to the SOI Songs
« on: May 26, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me after attending U2 shows. I really have enjoyed SOI from front to back. However, having just come back from both Phoenix shows, it has taken on a whole new life. I find this to be true for every tour I have seen since Zoo TV. REALLY loving SOI now!

Anyone else experience this?

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
Re: Tour Bringing New Life to the SOI Songs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »
My view of the SOI songs definitely changed after seeing them. I still love EBW and The Troubles, but Raised by Wolves and Cedarwood Rd. are now my favorite from the album. The intensity and volume have taken those songs to new levels for me.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »
I love how SOI sounds live. The song that blew me away the most was Iris. Maybe is was what was on screen as the song played or maybe it was Bono's passionate yet restrained delivery; but it was amazing. The group I was with burst into tears during the first chorus and it has been in all of our heads ever since.

I echo the sentiments on Cedarwood Rd and Raised By Wolves. . .both exquisitely timed in the show.  Really worked with the Innocence theme.

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 02:33:10 PM »
"Iris" is a stunner...I like the chimes Edge adds at the beginning of the live version. Song itself is the offspring of "Indian Summer Sky" and "City of Blinding Lights".

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:52:25 PM »
The miracle I knew would be a live hit, EBW def needs Larry and Adam but still intense, SFS has always been great, Cedward, RBW, and Iris are taking on a whole new life.