Author Topic: United Center stage flipped on Ticketmaster and StubHub  (Read 2765 times)

Offline bzibricky

• Stranger in a Strange Land
United Center stage flipped on Ticketmaster and StubHub
« on: June 01, 2015, 06:04:08 PM »
Much like a previous poster that mentioned something similar in LA it appears that the stage setup has been flipped for Chicago. Can someone confirm that I'm not going crazy? My brother bought decently priced tickets online for section 328 and now he's behind the stage when I KNOW that wasn't the case when I picked them up.

Offline shanep

• Stateless
Re: United Center stage flipped on Ticketmaster and StubHub
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Much like a previous poster that mentioned something similar in LA it appears that the stage setup has been flipped for Chicago. Can someone confirm that I'm not going crazy? My brother bought decently priced tickets online for section 328 and now he's behind the stage when I KNOW that wasn't the case when I picked them up.

Determine if it is flipped, demand a refund if there's a price difference between the two sections, then don't go if you want a refund. If you go, you will be endorsing the terms of the contract(the ticket seller and the ticker redeemer-you).
I would suggest you find out if the seats are indeed stage rear or not. Then, determine if there is a price difference between those sections. If there is a difference, try to obtain the refund for the difference prior to the show if you still end up going. Once you redeem your ticket, you are essentially entitled to what you got: seats at the show.
If the tickets are marked final sale anywhere(and I mean anywhere…even in tiny tiny writing) and there is a receipt with your name on it, you are pretty much out of luck. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:13:38 PM by shanep »

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »

I don't think TicketMaster has shown the stage until the past couple days. It was always just the rectangle in the middle.

Offline BonosTitaniumElbow

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
It definitely flipped for United Center... I remember clearly that my two club seats in 206 were "behind" the stage, but I felt like it would be okay because the seats were cheaper and that U2 actually does a good job of making everybody in the building feel loved.

I actually think that "behind the stage" for the U2 concerts are some of the better deals b/c you're closer to the band instead of the entire arena away. 

I still think I'm going to sell these tickets on Stubhub and upgrade to a side view in the lower level given that the screen seems to be pretty keen and we won't barely be able to see it from these "end" views.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:25:12 PM by BonosTitaniumElbow »

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:26:45 PM »

I don't think TicketMaster has shown the stage until the past couple days. It was always just the rectangle in the middle.

Well the prices clearly indicated the seats on a certain end were "behind the stage".  My seats are somewhere between "behind" and "on the side" of the stage and I was actually okay with them - especially at the lower price point.

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:30:58 PM »
Seriously though - opportunity knocks.  Looking at the resale map on Ticketmaster, there are tons of tickets in the resale market that are clearly priced with the old seating structure in mind.

You can buy lower ends now by the satellite stage for like $150 each.  Those are $300 to $400 tickets with what we know about the show and the typical face values.  There's a chance to upgrade your seats for free IMO.

Two options here:

A) b**** about it
B) take advantage of it
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:55:48 PM by BonosTitaniumElbow »

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »
I thought I was dreaming when I saw the flip on the Chicago stage just now. Originally I would have been close but somewhat behind the stage ($300 tickets) on the Edge side. Now it looks like I'll be close to the E stage and will have a good big picture of the I (big) stage and a great close up of the E (satellite) stage. I like it very much.

I will be VERY curious to see how Madison Square Garden will work out!

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 08:39:42 AM »

That's correct. Before they only showed the long rectangle across the middle and the old location of the red zones near where the e stage is now. The i stage is in the same place that the end stage always goes for every concert there and the only thing that conflicts with what was on the previous map are the red zones.

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »

That's correct. Before they only showed the long rectangle across the middle and the old location of the red zones near where the e stage is now. The i stage is in the same place that the end stage always goes for every concert there and the only thing that conflicts with what was on the previous map are the red zones.

Hmmm.... but the prices of the initial maps definitely correlated with an incorrect stage setup initially.  I paid way less for my club seats in 206 than I would have had TM had the correct chart set up at the on-sale date.  I am 99% sure of this.

Offline u2beez

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 09:59:23 AM »
Do you have screenshots? 

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 10:31:20 AM »
No, but my "proof" is that if you go to seatgeek.com or Stubhub.com the prices that seller's post of their own resale tickets are still "backwards".  I'm about to buy a pair of tickets in section 105 that are 7 rows from the floor for only $145 each plus fees.  These are "behind the stage" prices because the sellers don't yet realize that their seats are actually VERY GOOD instead of behind the stage.  Flip side - the seats are marked WAY too high for seats that are now BEHIND the stage.

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 10:44:13 AM »
Just confirmed - I bought 2 tickets in 105 row 7 off of seatgeek and the etickets have the original face value of only $95 on them.  This is clearly "behind the stage" pricing.  I have no idea how on earth this isn't causing a huge scandal or if Live Nation or whoever the promotor is is going to have to settle with a lot of fans?

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
Just confirmed - I bought 2 tickets in 105 row 7 off of seatgeek and the etickets have the original face value of only $95 on them.  This is clearly "behind the stage" pricing.  I have no idea how on earth this isn't causing a huge scandal or if Live Nation or whoever the promotor is is going to have to settle with a lot of fans?

So in other words the pricing hasn't kept up with the new map?  Or, we just generally don't know for sure.  I'm in 120 so I'm in the opposite situation as you--I've made piece with my location near the stage, especially since my seat is closer to the sides rather than to the back, so I'll be good either way.  I'm assuming I'm not near the e stage as I originally thought, but it'd be nice to know. 

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »
assuming the updated maps are correct then yes you'll be directly even with the main stage and now far away from the "e" stage where Mysterious Ways kicks off that set.  You actually come out better IMO.  The only people who are really "hurt" are the people in sections 115-119 who are now clearly "behind" the stage and overpaid for their tickets.  Your seats would be the same price regardless of stage orientation so far as I can tell.

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 12:37:28 PM »

So in other words the pricing hasn't kept up with the new map?  Or, we just generally don't know for sure.  I'm in 120 so I'm in the opposite situation as you--I've made piece with my location near the stage, especially since my seat is closer to the sides rather than to the back, so I'll be good either way.  I'm assuming I'm not near the e stage as I originally thought, but it'd be nice to know.

Also for clarification - the official Ticketmaster tickets are sold out in the 100 level for all Chicago shows so far as I can tell.  What I mean is that people who originally bought their tickets for the shows purchased them (for better or for worse) with "backwards" orientation pricing.  And now on a lot of the sites where individual people re-sell their tickets (stubhub, seatgeek, etc) you can tell that a lot of people listed their tickets assuming the original configuration... meaning that the listings are "backwards" - and there are still good deals to be had.  I picked up club seats for Monday night in section 205 for only $85 apiece INCLUDING fees - a crazy good deal.  These tickets should be $250 or so but they were priced by somebody who thought they were "behind the stage" and not very desirable.