Author Topic: United Center stage flipped on Ticketmaster and StubHub  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Re: United Center stage flipped on Ticketmaster and StubHub
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »
I have NEVER been so glad to have GA tickets rather than seats for a show in my life. I am so glad I don't have to worry for this drama and have nothing but sympathy for those who do. I would be a nervous wreck right now.

Offline octoberreckoning

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »
Here's the initial (top) & current (bottom) TM layouts for United Center:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline BonosTitaniumElbow

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's the initial (top) & current (bottom) TM layouts for United Center:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes, and if you go to the United Center website, it appears that all concerts (they have generic "end stage concert" floorplans on the site) are set up with the main stage on the "left" side which is the "new" configuration for the U2 shows.... maybe it has to do with drawing power effectively, etc?  I know nothing about staging huge events, but it would seem that if 699 concerts held at the United Center over the past 15 years were all set up a certain way then U2 would be set up that way as well.

It seems like it would adversely effect about 3000 tickets (ballparking) per show - everybody in sections 115-119 and 221-231 would have serious gripes and there would be some obstructed views for seats that a premium were paid for.  I would venture to guess that the upper levels would have a little less of a grips (sections 321-331) but still probably out $35 or so per ticket?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:58:26 PM by BonosTitaniumElbow »

Offline octoberreckoning

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 04:57:19 AM »
Here's the price tier layout map I generated when tickets initially went on sale in December:

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 12:11:40 PM »
The B-stage has always been on the right and is still on the right.  The main stage was always on the left and it's still on the left.

The ONLY thing that changed is that they corrected the Red Zone to be on the main stage where it actually is. 

When U2 is on the b-stage, they face the catwalk mostly.  When U2 is on the main stage, they face the catwalk mostly.

The only real obstructed views are:

a) the higher up ones on the end of the b-stage, because those at the 'top corner' (like 307/308 and 207/208) can't see Edge when he's on the main stage through the screen and those at the 'bottom corner' (like 310/311 and 210/211) can't see Adam when he's on the main stage through the screen and:

b) the higher up ones on the end of the main-stage, because those at the 'top left' (324-28 and 224-28) will have a hard time seeing the b-stage at all when the screen is lowered because it's not very wide.

So, those are the $76 tickets - all four of the higher up corners are obstructed in one of the above ways.  Your view was always the same.