Author Topic: Chicago GA Line  (Read 1535 times)

Offline acrobatnation

• Wanderer
  • Shout for JOY if you get the chance
Chicago GA Line
« on: June 04, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »
Hello... I'm asking early because I have been burned by this before.  Knowing Chicago DOES NOT allow people to camp out and I called the United Center where they said they will not allow people to line up before 6am the day of the show, I have to ask now....

* Who starts the unofficial GA queue list?  Every tour I hear different things about how it isn't official and won't be used only to find that the venue does go by it.  So who deems who the person is that can start this list?

* In the past, I have had to walk all over venue sites trying to find the "needle in the haystack" ie, person with the notebook.  I think it stressful and unfair to have that type of set up...

* Is it possible for the site of the unofficial U2 GA queue list to be posted here?  This way, everyone has ample access to know when and where the list is being formed? 

* Also, how are additional nights being handled?  For example; night 2.  If I am in the show for night 1, is there going to be someone handling night 2's list?  Maybe this stuff hasn't been decided or thought of although I'm pretty sure it has been!

Let me know the details so I can plan my "tour"... Thanks!

Offline spanner

• Numb
Re: Chicago GA Line
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:59:36 AM »
We were planning to get down there about dawn to start queuing .There is a post by someone in U2.com saying they rang united centre and the united said there would be no wristbands and the GA line would been self policed by the GA line . I'm not from Chicago I moved here three years ago , my wife is from the area and has done the GA line at the united centre many times . It's pretty much  always been self policed with the first people there sorting out the numbering system . One more thing the post in U2.com did mention was the GA line would start at Gate 5 by the Michael Jordan statue , on previous times it's started on the otherside of the united centre !
I think we're planning a drive up to the venue nearer the time to see what exactly the plan for the GA line maybe
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:02:16 AM by spanner »

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »

Offline barbiemom4

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »
 why cant united center be like other venues and do the wristbands,it seems less stressful for the fans?

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:31:02 AM »
The North Side (right side of the stage/Adam's side) is way less crowded than South Side (Edge's side)...I wish I knew that or more aware. I was behind a guy who waited from 10am and he wasn't that close considering I got there at 5

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 11:00:25 AM »
Some of the Arena's have been emailing the GA rules for there particular arena so everybody was aware what the rules before were . Really hoping we get some clarity from the united centre to exactly what there planning or it's gonna be a long wait in the GA line for me :p

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 12:31:33 PM »
The rules are already clear. The United Center never does wristbands because they don't want the responsibility or liability of policing the line. Unlike other arenas, the line is not on their property and there are no neighbors to inconvenience.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 04:36:24 PM »
Well I guess my ass will be inline at the crack of dawn then :p I'm prepared for that so no biggie

Offline Lucyibis

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 08:12:46 AM »
Does anyone know how the red zone will work? Is it the same as GA? Thanks!

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 08:15:11 AM »
No red zone has their own line, idk how early youll want to get there
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Lucyibis

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 08:16:27 AM »
No red zone has their own line, idk how early youll want to get there
Thanks! Hopefully we will get some info

Offline badu2fan

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 06:12:01 PM »
 ;D I have started the line up for the last chicago show on June 2nd. Email me if you want to be added to list which will be official  8) Guess first one there wins eh?

Good luck to everyone finding the perfect spot on floor.

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »
I hear the lines starts by the Michael Jordan statue as well. My friend and I will be driving down from Michigan the morning of night 1. How early should be try to be at the arena?

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 06:49:51 PM »
It depends where you want to be. If you're going for a rail, get there early in the morning.

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 07:31:55 PM »
;D I have started the line up for the last chicago show on June 2nd. Email me if you want to be added to list which will be official  8) Guess first one there wins eh?

Good luck to everyone finding the perfect spot on floor.

Line up already?  Is one being kept for Night 1?