Author Topic: So 12 show's in...  (Read 790 times)

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
So 12 show's in...
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:21:53 PM »
How many top 5 songs from the #U2request campaign have U2 played at their shows?

I haven't been keeping an eye on the setlist so it will be interesting to see if they have mixed it up or taken note from us..the fans..

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
Re: So 12 show's in...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
38 songs total played, almost all of SOI plus Invisible and Ordinary love, this is an incredible start.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:42:32 PM »
Virtually none, I imagine.Why would they be?

meximofo

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »
Do we want to focus on the fact they didn't play our favorite obscure B-side, or they didn't play Pop in full, or on the fact that (as U2alwaysforever nicely put) 38 songs have been played so far, with 10 new songs on the last show, making it a great start of a U2 tour for their standards?

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do we want to focus on the fact they didn't play our favorite obscure B-side, or they didn't play Pop in full, or on the fact that (as U2alwaysforever nicely put) 38 songs have been played so far, with 10 new songs on the last show, making it a great start of a U2 tour for their standards?

And that they are on the road at all? :)

I'm not crazy about the second portion of the set, but by all accounts, the show itself and the band themselves are excellent, so I see plenty of things to happy about.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »
They are changing about five songs per night, I'm happy , do they play all my favourite songs - no. But is there not a good mix now to please everyone? I think so, last night was a good example, first airings of Volcano and Ord Love. What's not to like?

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »
After the KRQQ show, I'd be ready for a U2 night club world tour :-) However, given that this will not happen, i think I&E is better than I had anticipated.

I am disappointed with Invisible and Troubles live. Other than that I think it's been great.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »
They are changing about five songs per night, I'm happy , do they play all my favourite songs - no. But is there not a good mix now to please everyone? I think so, last night was a good example, first airings of Volcano and Ord Love. What's not to like?

I'm glad the show I was at didn't have Ordinary Love. One of the worst songs they've ever done!

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »

I'm glad the show I was at didn't have Ordinary Love. One of the worst songs they've ever done!

Ordinary Love works in that slot, prefer it to Angel or Love Comes to town. But for me all I look for is some variation.  I am going to five shows in Europe so a change of five different songs per night will send me home happy even if that includes Elevation !  :(

Offline redapple129

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »

Did you give this version a listen, by any chance? The studio and acoustic renditions had me legitimately scared for what their next album would sound like, but I really dig how it works now. Electric Adam, acoustic Edge, and Larry with a full kit makes it a new song to me. (Even the lyrics somehow sound better!)

Not that you aren't entitled to hate this arrangement too if you have heard it. Just recommending you give it a shot if you haven't.

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 07:17:19 PM »
Spoilers:
The new material sounds spectacular live. Songs that I thought were very good on the record finally get an airing without the studio polish, much edgier and fuller.  The Boy songs are full of energy.  The second half songs and audience interaction are full of surprises.  The visuals are striking.   I'm even changing my mind about Invisible, which I like but was not moved by the presentation when I was at the Phoenix shows, but now I'm starting see irony of seeing the live band playing inside a giant tv, and the idea of lifting the veil on something unseen.   I wish I could afford to go to more shows.