Author Topic: View from Sections "behind" the stage  (Read 3205 times)

Offline bhone39

• Babyface
View from Sections "behind" the stage
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:46:50 AM »
Can anyone who has already been to a show and sat in a section behind the main stage let me know how the views are. I am taking my 2 boys (12 and 11) to their first U2 show and hope that our seats aren't too bad. We are going to Boston and sitting in Loge 17. According to the updated TM seating chart, our section is located directly behind the main stage. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Henderson7

• Babyface
Re: View from Sections "behind" the stage
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:29:33 PM »
I attended Vancouver 1 behind the stage, it was a bit tough seeing when the band was in the screen but it was good for the parts of the show that the band was at that end.

Offline griffen2014

• Wanderer
  • What happened your face, of melting in snow
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:54:37 AM »
Hi,

I've attended 2 I&E concerts so far. If you're seated directly behind the main stage, there'll be 3 disadvantages; firstly you won't see the band during the mid section, where the disappear into a screen in the middle of the stage. Secondly you won't be able to see the screens properly, which are a major part of the show. Thirdly. the band go the far end "E" part of the stage during the 3rd section of the show. If you can try and get better seats. Having said that, it's a U2 concert, so the atmosphere in any section is electric. Good Luck!

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 11:06:10 AM »
You'll have a great time regardless, depending on the angle you may see the screen well anyway, also remember behind the main stage means you are in front of the E Stage for that part of the show.

Offline bhone39

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 02:34:42 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, Greatly appreciated

Offline daviddevaul

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi,

I've attended 2 I&E concerts so far. If you're seated directly behind the main stage, there'll be 3 disadvantages; firstly you won't see the band during the mid section, where the disappear into a screen in the middle of the stage. Secondly you won't be able to see the screens properly, which are a major part of the show. Thirdly. the band go the far end "E" part of the stage during the 3rd section of the show. If you can try and get better seats. Having said that, it's a U2 concert, so the atmosphere in any section is electric. Good Luck!

Did you end up behind the main stage or you could tell from your seats?  If you were behind the stage, I'd love to see some pix if you took any.

Thx!

Offline jhein1992

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 04:48:15 PM »
How long is the band in the screen? Also, are there any screens facing the ends? I'll be behind the main stage.

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 06:01:15 PM »
We sat behind the main stage at LA1. There was a small screen giving us a front view, and it also simulcast some (most?) of the main screen images. The band gives plenty of love to this section. Oddly, the sound seemed *better* than when we returned for LA5, and faced the screens but were higher up.

Offline griffen2014

• Wanderer
  • What happened your face, of melting in snow
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
Hi,

Did you end up behind the main stage or you could tell from your seats?  If you were behind the stage, I'd love to see some pix if you took any.

Thx!

No, I could just tell from where I was sitting.

Offline trashbag

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 09:09:56 AM »
Here's a good video from directly behind the stage, to the point you can't see the screen, and farther up: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bhone39

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 06:10:57 AM »
Thanks for the video

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »
Was sat right behind the stage in the lower bowl yesterday night.  The view is pretty good when they play the main stage, but anything played in the screen is invisible (pardon the pun)

Still an amazing night!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bullwinkle

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 11:59:35 AM »
I have similar seats for Toronto, lowers row 18 behind the main stage. Could you see the other stage well?

Offline daviddevaul

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
Was sat right behind the stage in the lower bowl yesterday night.  The view is pretty good when they play the main stage, but anything played in the screen is invisible (pardon the pun)

Still an amazing night!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Beautiful shot.  Got any more to share?

hrsan

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
I've been avoiding pics and videos of this tour.  I have to say despite this being behind the stage, I am looking that much more forward to seeing this show.