Author Topic: my memrobilia collection  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
Re: my memrobilia collection
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 11:55:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When you live in a U2 unfriendly environment,

That must be hard to go by,.... I'm sad for you.  :(

I've got all the albums of course, all the DVD's, a lot of bootleg shows, most of "The Complete U2" by iTunes, and a beannie hat...

My best friend knitted me an Edge beanie cap with Product(RED) yarn for my birthday!  ;D I was absolutely psyched.

Wow, that's cool !!! Do you wear it at times ??  :o

More often than I probably should...  ;)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:03 AM »
Your room looks great! Whatever little I have is stored carefully out of sight. When you live in a U2 unfriendly environment, you can't flaunt your stuff too much.  :(  Someone might "accidentally" get rid of it (Oh, I didn't know it was yours, I'm sorry).

thats what happened with my Auchtung Baby CD, by one of my old room mates! (I had to hold myself back from crying)

Oh my god. Who...? Why...? Why? WHY?!  :'(

I'm sorry... I would definitely be crying...

Her name is Rachel, it was around the time it was reissued so she bought it forn me to make up for it LOL. Talk about a guilt trip... My other room mate had to take me out of the room before I lashed out at her... ::)

I would never hurt her though she is far to special. hehe

Offline Michael Samuelle

• Babyface
  • Michael & Nikita
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 01:35:26 AM »
I got the red rocks poster from my uncle,he got when he was in college in the 80's. I've never seen one like it anywhere. What's really cool about it is the fact that it's an advertisment poster for the show; my favorite part about it is the line "Tickets Avaliable". Here are some other pics.  ::)

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Michael Samuelle

• Babyface
  • Michael & Nikita
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 01:01:29 PM »
The ATYCLB poster is the european release poster and it's autographed by all four members of the band. Possibly the most expensive piece of my collection. ;D

Offline P-FLO

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside It's America.
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 02:17:54 PM »
I have U2 By U2, all the albums on iTunes, and the record albums of Joshua Tree, Boy, Unforgettable Fire, and Wide Awake In America.

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »
I've spent the bulk of my money on collecting over 207 U2 and U2-related CDs, as well as everything they have on DVD and LaserDisc.  The music's where it's at, so my thrills of just looking at band pictures all day is a bit limited.

Get a "CD Wall"  

Offline guitarz

• Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 04:03:00 AM »
I've spent the bulk of my money on collecting over 207 U2 and U2-related CDs, as well as everything they have on DVD and LaserDisc.  The music's where it's at, so my thrills of just looking at band pictures all day is a bit limited.

Get a "CD Wall"  

Great wall !!!!!!

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »

Get a "CD Wall" 

Oh my god, that's amazing... I'm suddenly inspired to re-do my room...  ;) I've just got a little drawer with my CDs, an extra Slane t-shirt (for once, FanFire erred in a positive way!), and the mini-ZooTV poster. The vinyls are on my dresser, and I swap them out every month... It's SO much more fun than a wall calendar...  ;D

Offline Michael Samuelle

• Babyface
  • Michael & Nikita
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 01:32:35 AM »

Get a "CD Wall"  

That is awsome, Where do find the CD wall at? Did you make it or did you buy it?

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 08:47:29 AM »

Get a "CD Wall"  

That is awsome, Where do find the CD wall at? Did you make it or did you buy it?

I bought it online probably at least 8 years ago.  I'll have to do some digging to remember where.  I did some searching just now and I can't find it.  I remember I had a hard time finding the first time too.  I used to see them in local cd stores which is where I got the idea.  Each piece is a row that can hold 8 cds.  The rows can be connected to each other so you can build a wall to a size of your liking.

For my records and other special cds that can't go in the rack, I put those in bookcases on plate holders (think display of decorative plates).  Actually I don't have anything on display anymore.  That room is now a baby room.  All my stuff is in boxes now!

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 06:45:22 PM »
I bought it online probably at least 8 years ago.  I'll have to do some digging to remember where. 

I bought it from a place called CD-Wall in 2001.  But I can't any business or site by that name today.  This is the closest thing I've been able to find You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's a picture of the bookcases with the plate holders I mentioned earlier.  It shows how you can display records and other CDs.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:47:20 PM by jw »

Offline Michael Samuelle

• Babyface
  • Michael & Nikita
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »
alright I'll check it out, you've got a lot of good ideas.  ;D

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 03:55:46 AM »
I bought it online probably at least 8 years ago.  I'll have to do some digging to remember where. 

I bought it from a place called CD-Wall in 2001.  But I can't any business or site by that name today.  This is the closest thing I've been able to find You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's a picture of the bookcases with the plate holders I mentioned earlier.  It shows how you can display records and other CDs.

:o  Cool!!!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »

I bought it from a place called CD-Wall in 2001.  But I can't any business or site by that name today.  This is the closest thing I've been able to find You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh i like that alot, i'd need alot of those just to display my 70+ U2 cd collection