Author Topic: Stubhub drops  (Read 639 times)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
Stubhub drops
« on: June 09, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »
What are the odds the prices will drop again?  I'm most likely going to purchase some nosebleeds, but what happens to all $700 tix?  I'm assuming those won't drop as I've been monitoring the prices for shows the day of.  Just curious on thoughts, I would like to hold off as long as I can just in case.

Offline skalichman

• Wanderer
Re: Stubhub drops
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:27:51 AM »
I watch stubhub pretty carefully. It's the only resale site I use.  What I see is a steady drop and grab in the last 48 hours.  But when they drop they go fast. Sellers likely use the option that reduces price as show gets closer. And yet some never drop.  I look right at show time and there can be 30 or so unsold tickets at crazy high prices.  I wonder if they sold on another listing but just don't deactivate because it is last day. Of course TM has been dropping seats and sometimes GA very close to show.  But I have not seen that as reliable. It definitely requires some hedging to hold out.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 05:25:09 AM »
Agree with the previous post. For the Rolling Stones recently, I kept an eye on the site throughout the day before the show and managed to pick up a fourth row seat at half the original price. Not that the same thing would happen with every show, but sometimes a bit of patience works out for places like StubHub!

hrsan

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 06:23:07 AM »
You can set a price on StubHub and they will alert you if any tickets in that price range go on sale.