Author Topic: Has anyone else sold their tickets to upcoming shows because same setlist?  (Read 4575 times)

Offline bigjohn3574

• Babyface
Hello

I am not trying to start things as I know people tend to get upset however just interested in seeing if I am not the only one. I had tickets for Sunday the 19th, 26th and 31st in NYC. I was so looking forward to seeing different shows (at least 4 or 5 songs different) however seeing the setlist for the multiple nights in LA and so far in Montreal, I sold the tickets to friends in the NYC area for the 19th and 26th. The money it was going to cost me to get from Philadelphia to NYC and hotels up there, I do not think its worth it. I am psyched for the one show I am going too however very disappointed in the same sets every night. Just my two cents...

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Those shows are six weeks away and I do expect some more changes to take place before then. I'm not worried about it because I prefer the whole experience, not just the music. I'm not selling either of my NYC tickets.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
Hey if anyones selling their Glasgow tickets 2nd night cos they are cheesed off i'll take them off your hands !!

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not worried about it because I prefer the whole experience, not just the music.

This is more or less my feelings too. If there were different songs every single night, cool, but that’s not the main/only reason why I was going to more than one show.

That being said, the way Bigjohn is doing it is great too. If one show is better on your end personally, then go ahead and sell the tickets to someone that wants to go and save the time and money. I know that can be a bit more difficult for those that didn’t have seats (i.e., non-NYC GA tickets, etc.), but you could always cut the losses for what hotel/gas/plane $ would’ve been anyway.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
4 or 5 songs is literally the exact number of songs which are different every show; the slot in the first set, the closer, two rotating spots on the E-stage and the Bad/AIWIY/Troubles slot after Beautiful Day which appears *sometimes*

Offline skalichman

• Wanderer
I can Definitely understand this. Same old set list. Same old screen show. Not changing up the drummer and guitar player etc. People going to multiple shows in Amsterdam should be really upset.  So please let me know and I'll take those redundant boring tickets off your hands. Please!!!! If I could go to all 4 of those shows I would suffer through them. 

Offline jnspellman

• Babyface
  • A conscience can sometimes be a pest!
I can Definitely understand this. Same old set list. Same old screen show. Not changing up the drummer and guitar player etc. People going to multiple shows in Amsterdam should be really upset.  So please let me know and I'll take those redundant boring tickets off your hands. Please!!!! If I could go to all 4 of those shows I would suffer through them.
I like your style Skalichman - nothing like a bit of suffering at a U2 show that's why I'm forcing myself to go to Amsterdam, Barcelona, London 4 times plus a trip to Glasgow...it'll be an extremely difficult and demanding few months 😉

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
Hello

I am not trying to start things as I know people tend to get upset however just interested in seeing if I am not the only one. I had tickets for Sunday the 19th, 26th and 31st in NYC. I was so looking forward to seeing different shows (at least 4 or 5 songs different) however seeing the setlist for the multiple nights in LA and so far in Montreal, I sold the tickets to friends in the NYC area for the 19th and 26th. The money it was going to cost me to get from Philadelphia to NYC and hotels up there, I do not think its worth it. I am psyched for the one show I am going too however very disappointed in the same sets every night. Just my two cents...

Should have kept the tickets. Can't predict what U2 will do on those 3 nights and you might have sold tickets to two unforgettable shows.

Offline jjack339

• Stateless
I don't know looking at the Montreal shows all 3 had a different flavor to them.

Also it seems to me they are taking more and more risks with each show (and it seems to be paying off). I never thought we would see a show where they played 9 new songs. They literally played the entire new album but Sleep Like a Baby tonight, This is where you can reach me now, and California (which had a snippet).

How long has it been since they have played such a large % of new songs? Elevation Tour? ZooTv?

Offline bigjohn3574

• Babyface
I don't know looking at the Montreal shows all 3 had a different flavor to them.

Also it seems to me they are taking more and more risks with each show (and it seems to be paying off). I never thought we would see a show where they played 9 new songs. They literally played the entire new album but Sleep Like a Baby tonight, This is where you can reach me now, and California (which had a snippet).

How long has it been since they have played such a large % of new songs? Elevation Tour? ZooTv?

I am not there so you may be 100% right however I am just going by the setlist ..I believe in the 4 nights in Montreal...they played 40 songs in the first set with the only changes being electric company 2 times and out of control the other two. Then the second sets had 4 "one offs". Again I am not there however I just thought prior to the tour that there would be more changes than this

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
I think it's a legitimate concern, given the price of the tickets. This tour is the first for which I'm not gonna attend every Paris show because I can't afford them. I paid 210€ for 3 shows out of 4. I'm having second thoughts because I'm behind the stage on show 1, GA on show 2 and cheap limited view seats on show 4. I'd rather sell them all and get a cat. 1 ticket now that I know the set list is basically the same.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
I think you'll be kicking yourself for selling. You'll turn up be amazed and want to go again. It happens to us all.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
I think you'll be kicking yourself for selling. You'll turn up be amazed and want to go again. It happens to us all.

You can never win, anyway. Choosing is giving up on something. I went to Antwerp in 2001, the first night. It was exactly the same as one of the Paris shows I had seen 3 weeks earlier.

Then on the second show they pulled a different show, including the weird "We love you" jam, played Discothèque... I was already back in Paris. Wrong pick.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:56:42 AM by soloyan »

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
NY is the last set of shows on the leg... Have a feeling they'll do some different things. Going to 2 of them and honestly they could play musical chairs on stage each night and I wouldn't be selling them. 

Offline andyc2111

• Babyface
NY is the last set of shows on the leg... Have a feeling they'll do some different things. Going to 2 of them and honestly they could play musical chairs on stage each night and I wouldn't be selling them. 

Unfortunately, I don't - sold 6 x tickets to MSG on 3 nights and cancelled my flights from the UK. Absolutely no point - Have 3 nights in London, and will be selling 2 of those unless they start to become less conservative. I'm losing the will with this band