Author Topic: Has anyone else sold their tickets to upcoming shows because same setlist?  (Read 4576 times)

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
I am going to four shows GA and was actually thinking of buying tickets for more shows because of the setlist and maybe get seats for the different viewing angle as there is a lot lot more to the show than just the setlist.

But for setlist changes alone five changes a night( whatever they may be) is more than they have done on many tours. I remember going to Twickenham in 2005 then Glasgow a couple of days later and they played exactly the same set.

If you look at bands like Foo Fighters, Muse etc they all stick to a fairly rigid setlist.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
If you decide to sell .. For whatever reason please post here so that your fellow fans can have a chance to go...   8)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you from those searching ..
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:27:43 AM by 2HeartsBoston »

Offline RonnieFerg

• Babyface
You're doing the right thing. I saw two shows in LA. Loved the first one, was bored with the second. If I could have gotten my money back I would have.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
NY is the last set of shows on the leg... Have a feeling they'll do some different things. Going to 2 of them and honestly they could play musical chairs on stage each night and I wouldn't be selling them. 
.Unfortunately, I don't - sold 6 x tickets to MSG on 3 nights and cancelled my flights from the UK. Absolutely no point - Have 3 nights in London, and will be selling 2 of those unless they start to become less conservative. I'm losing the will with this band
I wish you had bought Boston tickets as well, as I would have gladly taken them off your unwanted hands

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
I don't know looking at the Montreal shows all 3 had a different flavor to them.

Also it seems to me they are taking more and more risks with each show (and it seems to be paying off). I never thought we would see a show where they played 9 new songs. They literally played the entire new album but Sleep Like a Baby tonight, This is where you can reach me now, and California (which had a snippet).

How long has it been since they have played such a large % of new songs? Elevation Tour? ZooTv?

I am not there so you may be 100% right however I am just going by the setlist ..I believe in the 4 nights in Montreal...they played 40 songs in the first set with the only changes being electric company 2 times and out of control the other two. Then the second sets had 4 "one offs". Again I am not there however I just thought prior to the tour that there would be more changes than this

I was only there for Montreal 3 & 4, but we got Volcano and The Troubles on show 3 and Bono brought fans onto the mainstage, talked with them and sang w/ them; it was euphoric. Then night 4 they did the best version of WOWY I've ever heard live and the first half of the show Bono was combustible material. That night was my 6th show, 3rd city this tour, 5th GA and I'm sure it was Bono's most rock and roll embodying performance of the ones I've seen. Then they did Elevation and Stuck on the e stage for the second half and neither are my favorites, yet the crowd loved it and they brought up a true fan, Colleen, and it was very fun and moving!! I wouldn't have missed any of it and am thankful I was there. It's not just the songs, it's the crowd, what is said, seeing the reaction of a fan, meeting fans from all over the world that love the band like you do. It's magical and powerful, nothing like it.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
I am actually looking for a g. a.ticket for N.Y. July 31 I wouldn't sell any tickets for these shows I believe the New York shows are going to be special Wish I could get hold of a cheap ticket.

Offline bigjohn3574

• Babyface
I don't know looking at the Montreal shows all 3 had a different flavor to them.

Also it seems to me they are taking more and more risks with each show (and it seems to be paying off). I never thought we would see a show where they played 9 new songs. They literally played the entire new album but Sleep Like a Baby tonight, This is where you can reach me now, and California (which had a snippet).

How long has it been since they have played such a large % of new songs? Elevation Tour? ZooTv?

I am not there so you may be 100% right however I am just going by the setlist ..I believe in the 4 nights in Montreal...they played 40 songs in the first set with the only changes being electric company 2 times and out of control the other two. Then the second sets had 4 "one offs". Again I am not there however I just thought prior to the tour that there would be more changes than this

I was only there for Montreal 3 & 4, but we got Volcano and The Troubles on show 3 and Bono brought fans onto the mainstage, talked with them and sang w/ them; it was euphoric. Then night 4 they did the best version of WOWY I've ever heard live and the first half of the show Bono was combustible material. That night was my 6th show, 3rd city this tour, 5th GA and I'm sure it was Bono's most rock and roll embodying performance of the ones I've seen. Then they did Elevation and Stuck on the e stage for the second half and neither are my favorites, yet the crowd loved it and they brought up a true fan, Colleen, and it was very fun and moving!! I wouldn't have missed any of it and am thankful I was there. It's not just the songs, it's the crowd, what is said, seeing the reaction of a fan, meeting fans from all over the world that love the band like you do. It's magical and powerful, nothing like it.

Nice. As I said I may be in the minority however I was under the impression  more changes of the set was going to occur. Going to Boston July 11th then had pairs for 3 nights in NYC. I just can't justify 4 straight weekends away with a set list basically being the same each night. If I had a ton of money and vacation time it probably be a different story. Also it's 4 straight weekends. If the shows were spread out over 4 months I probably would go. Enjoy any additional shows you go too..

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Thank you. I understand your reasoning. I think they'll add more cities and another leg, maybe stadiums some time in 2016. The sooner the better! :)

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
I am actually looking for a g. a.ticket for N.Y. July 31 I wouldn't sell any tickets for these shows I believe the New York shows are going to be special Wish I could get hold of a cheap ticket.
Loads of cheap seats on Stubhub that start at $18 ,, bargain !! ;-)

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
I don't understand why anyone would want to sell there tickets.  If they toured every year then yes, I could understand.  But they tour about every 4 years, and no matter what they play I'm gonna enjoy it.  Yes, it's a bit of $ but like I said, it's only every 4 years or so.

Offline bigjohn3574

• Babyface
I don't understand why anyone would want to sell there tickets.  If they toured every year then yes, I could understand.  But they tour about every 4 years, and no matter what they play I'm gonna enjoy it.  Yes, it's a bit of $ but like I said, it's only every 4 years or so.

Because I was told that it was going to be a different show every night (at least I thought) and I do not want to take time off for work and spend the cash to see the the same songs 4 straight weekends. However, thanks for telling me why I should or should not go. I appreciate it

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense

It's just a matter of "Is it worth it ?" and all of us will have different answers to that question.

By the way, for some people, it's not a bit of $, it's actually a lot of $. With that reasoning of yours, I'd go straight to the band members and tell them : hey, you have loads of cash already, why crave for more ?

It's all a matter of perspective.

LemonadeSupernova

Also, one has to factor in all the other expenses - in time and money - of attending a gig.  It's not just the cost of the ticket.  This is a major factor behind my decision to only go and see them once.  Plus after the second show the law of diminishing returns will set in anyway, for me, if not before.  But having said all that I still felt the temptation to buy tickets for multiple shows, while many other fans didn't resist that temptation but now feel, in the cold light of day, that they want to offload their surplus tickets.

PatateTony35

Hello

I am not trying to start things as I know people tend to get upset however just interested in seeing if I am not the only one. I had tickets for Sunday the 19th, 26th and 31st in NYC. I was so looking forward to seeing different shows (at least 4 or 5 songs different) however seeing the setlist for the multiple nights in LA and so far in Montreal, I sold the tickets to friends in the NYC area for the 19th and 26th. The money it was going to cost me to get from Philadelphia to NYC and hotels up there, I do not think its worth it. I am psyched for the one show I am going too however very disappointed in the same sets every night. Just my two cents...

Between Montreal 1 and 2 5 songs changed.

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
When Bono decided not to have two different shows, I was upset. I have tix to many shows. I was going to sell a city or two.

Then, I went to a show. Totally blown away! The energy was throttled to high. A song that I normally did not like was amazing. And, they are doing so many of the new songs; and playing them great. I would not sell any of the shows now- period.

Sure, I would love more variety and rare tracks. But, with the boys blowing the roof off the arenas, it's time to rock!