Author Topic: Has anyone else sold their tickets to upcoming shows because same setlist?  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
I'd go to 3 shows with the same setlist.

Simple reason, I REALLY like this band.  :D

LemonadeSupernova

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

But would you enjoy the second show as much as the first and would you enjoy the third show as much as the second?

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase

But would you enjoy the second show as much as the first and would you enjoy the third show as much as the second?

Why not? I went to back to back shows in 2009 at the Meadowlands and thoroughly enjoyed the second one better.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band

Why not? I went to back to back shows in 2009 at the Meadowlands and thoroughly enjoyed the second one better.

To each their own as far as what they want to do, but I really think, especially with GAs, the fan has the ability to make multiple shows different. Do rail one night and have Bono spit on you. Stand farther back one night and really appreciate the screen. Or not. Totally up to you.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
I don't understand why anyone would want to sell there tickets.  If they toured every year then yes, I could understand.  But they tour about every 4 years, and no matter what they play I'm gonna enjoy it.  Yes, it's a bit of $ but like I said, it's only every 4 years or so.

Because I was told that it was going to be a different show every night (at least I thought) and I do not want to take time off for work and spend the cash to see the the same songs 4 straight weekends. However, thanks for telling me why I should or should not go. I appreciate it

I didn't tell you why you should or shouldn't go, I was speaking for myself, so why the sarcastic attitude?

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
I don't understand why anyone would want to sell there tickets.  If they toured every year then yes, I could understand.  But they tour about every 4 years, and no matter what they play I'm gonna enjoy it.  Yes, it's a bit of $ but like I said, it's only every 4 years or so.

It's just a matter of "Is it worth it ?" and all of us will have different answers to that question.

By the way, for some people, it's not a bit of $, it's actually a lot of $. With that reasoning of yours, I'd go straight to the band members and tell them : hey, you have loads of cash already, why crave for more ?

It's all a matter of perspective.

When I said a bit of $ I did actually mean a lot, sorry, that's an old time expression.  So what do you mean when you say "that reasoning of yours"?  I don't get that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:46:31 PM by missey »

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!

Sure. I'd always figure out how to get different perspectives.

This tour I have night 1 and night 2 in MSG. One is seats, the other is GA. Two very different experiences with a similar show.

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
I didn't sell tickets because of the setlists, but I didn't add a fourth show because of it.

PatateTony35

I attented 4 shows with differents spots and YES some setlist rotation - worth it.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense

I call BS. Reason is that you don't mind the same setlist. Which is totally fine.

Just don't come to me and say I don't really like the band because I'd like the setlist to change a little. That's nothing to do with liking the band or not. So tired of the TRUE fan argument.

Waffles

Having done 5 nights in LA, I can tell you even just 4 song rotation can change the whole feel of the show. Not only that, but the band is really enjoying each city and is having a "party" every night making things so much fun. I can understand how some may feel but if you already have the tickets, please go to the shows. You won't regret it. What's there to lose? Mind you, this band isn't getting younger and there will be a day when people wished to have gone to more shows, others wished to have been able to experience them live

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense

It's just a matter of "Is it worth it ?" and all of us will have different answers to that question.

By the way, for some people, it's not a bit of $, it's actually a lot of $. With that reasoning of yours, I'd go straight to the band members and tell them : hey, you have loads of cash already, why crave for more ?

It's all a matter of perspective.

When I said a bit of $ I did actually mean a lot, sorry, that's an old time expression.  So what do you mean when you say "that reasoning of yours"?  I don't get that.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't get it.

The reasoning was : since it's only  "a bit" of money, why do U2 need it so much ? It's irrelevant now, forget about it ;)

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Number of different songs played per tour in order

360 - 62 songs / 112 shows
Vertigo- 59 songs / 132 shows
Pop Mart - 56 Songs / 95 Shows
Elevation - 54 Songs / 113 Shows
ZooTV - 54 Songs / 158 Shows
JT - 47 Songs / 111 Shows
I & E - 39 Songs / 17 Shows to date
LT - 38 Songs / 47 Shows
UF - 31 Songs / 111 Shows
Boy - 28 Songs / 165 Shows (although records are incomplete)
War - 27 Songs / 90 Shows
October - 27 Songs / 103 Shows

With 53 announced shows still to come for I&E, plenty of room and time to move up the list and likely will.  With only 17 shows under their belt and 39 different songs with a typical 23-24 set list, my opinion is that's a pretty good mix, your mileage may vary.

According to WIKI, they have recorded 343 songs, this includes B-Sides, covers, soundtrack stuff and all matter of other "official" recordings that we all know would never see the light of stage.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:45:11 AM by acrobat62 »

Offline redapple129

• Wanderer

LT - 38 Songs / 47 Shows

With 53 announced shows still to come for I&E, plenty of room and time to move up the list and likely will.  With only 17 shows under their belt and 39 different songs with a typical 23-24 set list, my opinion is that's a pretty good mix, your mileage may vary.

According to WIKI, they have recorded 343 songs, this includes B-Sides, covers, soundtrack stuff and all matter of other "official" recordings that we all know would never see the light of stage.

For further comparison, the number of different songs played by the end of the 17th show:

I&E - 39 songs
360 - 34 songs
Lovetown - 32 songs
Vertigo - 30 songs
Elevation - 30 songs
JT - 29 songs
Popmart - 26 songs
UF - 24 songs
War - 24 songs (from the first leg; the pre-tour, included in the quoted count, did 19 songs in the first 17 shows)
ZooTV - 23 songs
October - 21 songs
Boy - 13 songs (using the available set lists, which cover less than half the shows)

In terms of most unique songs played, I&E has far and away the most variety of any tour at this point. (Whether that translates into truly varying sets is another matter - for example, 17 shows of 22 static songs and 1 spot where a new song is played each night would also give 39. Also, I did count these myself, so don't kill me if I missed one here or there :P but I don't think there's any way I missed anywhere near 5 from 360)

The Jackal

LT - 38 Songs / 47 Shows

For further comparison, the number of different songs played by the end of the 17th show:

I&E - 39 songs
360 - 34 songs
Lovetown - 32 songs
Vertigo - 30 songs
Elevation - 30 songs
JT - 29 songs
Popmart - 26 songs
UF - 24 songs
War - 24 songs (from the first leg; the pre-tour, included in the quoted count, did 19 songs in the first 17 shows)
ZooTV - 23 songs
October - 21 songs
Boy - 13 songs (using the available set lists, which cover less than half the shows)

In terms of most unique songs played, I&E has far and away the most variety of any tour at this point. (Whether that translates into truly varying sets is another matter - for example, 17 shows of 22 static songs and 1 spot where a new song is played each night would also give 39. Also, I did count these myself, so don't kill me if I missed one here or there :P but I don't think there's any way I missed anywhere near 5 from 360)

Talking about the stats takes all the magic out of the art.  This isn't a baseball forum.