Author Topic: Listen To U2 Live 1981  (Read 555 times)

Offline Am I bugging you?

• Party Girl/Boy
  • “Fu<k the revolution”
Listen To U2 Live 1981
« on: June 18, 2015, 03:40:16 PM »
  U2 Live November 14th 1981

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Party Girl/Boy
  • “Fu<k the revolution”
Re: Listen To U2 Live 1981
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »
  I just discovered this website via the Paste article. Lots of U2 audio and video. Here is one to whet your appetite.

meximofo

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »
Wolfgang's Vault has several U2 shows of the 80's. I strongly recommend buying the JT shows of the 3rd leg, they are all amazing.
If you don't want to pay, there are very good FM broadcasts of the Boy, October and War shows in other pages.

• Party Girl/Boy
  • “Fu<k the revolution”
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:55:09 PM »
Wolfgang's Vault has several U2 shows of the 80's. I strongly recommend buying the JT shows of the 3rd leg, they are all amazing.
If you don't want to pay, there are very good FM broadcasts of the Boy, October and War shows in other pages.
  Thanks for the info mex, I'll check it out. Paying is not a problem. I wish U2 would put out some more live shows from the past, audio and video. I'd like it if they'd  sell the downloads on U2.com or iTunes. It doesn't have to be perfect, and it doesn't have to be a commercial release.
  I saw Lovetown in Sydney when I was 15 years old, it was my first U2 concert. I remember being extremely exited, I remember Bullet was the opening song, and I remember it being a great fast paced show. But that's all I have. I want a good quality Lovetown video. Even if it's taken from different nights. Surely, U2 have good quality video that they could release. If they do, I don't understand why they are not making it available to us.
  I have a DVD with about 30-40 MP3 bootlegs on it. I recall there being quiet a few Joshua Tree tour shows on it. The only problem is, I can't find it. It's in the spare room somewhere. I'm going to sort it out one day. When I do, I'll definitely be saving it to my hard drive. It has shows from Boy through to Elevation.

meximofo

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 09:26:24 AM »
Yeah, it's a shame, knowing that some of those Sydney Lovetown shows were professionally recorded, but never released. On the plus side, there are really good sounding bootlegs of that leg, like Melbourne Oct 8th, 9th and 12th, Sydney Oct. 20th, Nov. 17th (I think that's the concert you went to, or it could be Oct. 21st) and Nov. 18th, the famous "bomb threat show" available at U2start, for example.
When you sort out your DVD, let me know what you find.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:39:13 AM by meximofo »