Author Topic: Question for GA's who have already seen U2 on i+e tour  (Read 1167 times)

Offline TheUltravylet

• Babyface
  • Dreaming beneath the desert sky...
Question for GA's who have already seen U2 on i+e tour
« on: June 21, 2015, 01:48:50 AM »
I know most people have stated that those who were lucky enough to score GA pretty much have a great view all around but can anyone elaborate on which area they preferred Adam/Edge or area of the stage they felt they got their money's worth (most interaction). I was able to score a pair of GA's and was wondering on which end I should stand.

Thanks for your help!

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
Re: Question for GA's who have already seen U2 on i+e tour
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 04:22:29 AM »
No matter where you are you have great view most of the action is at the e stage there is a long catwalk so it is accessible on both sides and there is plenty of rail room. In Montreal there was lots of room for people hang along the rail and the stage. You won't be disappointed. This tour is made for g.a.,You are in for a great time the best I have ever seen so far. Enjoy. Another thing I want to mention in Montreal the e stage was an entrance and that is where Bono comes in and the other band members enter on the main stage so if there is an entrance close to the e stage at the concert get a spot by the stage as soon as you hear the song power to the people get ready that is when he comes out.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:56:54 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »
The GA process has been democratized by the bands insistence on making life fair and equal. When you enter you are either given North Side or South Side wristbands and you can't go over until at least the first three or four songs. The e stage is prime but so is the main stage. Some hand out on the rail at centre ice and some along the boards to take the video screen in whole. The choice is up to you.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:36:27 AM »
My first spot was North side (Adam) GA mid catwalk rail. I still have a fondness for that spot. I did it again my 6th show for the opening numbers through to the break, it's golden. Even one back from the rail works here as long as you don't have too many people taller in front of you facing the main stage since the first several songs are on that stage until the 5th song in the set.

Then there is the 'e' stage and it's fantastic too. Being that it's a smaller stage and round (maximum rail spots) and its proximity to the band is fantastic even 5 back from the rail, it's a great place to be.

I've also hung back toward the edges of GA, usually Mid catwalk north or South side to take all the visuals in.

One show we were North Side main stage, but about 10 back and that was great too, just a bit harder to see over heads in front of you, but it was fun to watch Adam more.

LOVE GA!! If I had only ONE GA show to see, I'd choose mid catwalk North side or e stage rail. The visuals are gorgeous, but being THAT close to U2 singing live is surreal and unforgettable! On the catwalk, they all stop right in front of you during the first part of the show. It's just incredible!!

miryclay - you crack me up! When does your TV talk show premiere? ;)

Offline Afliktor

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
if you want the most face time with the band, definitely go for front row main stage.  I was front row e-stage for Denver 1 and it was good, but I couldn't see them at all when they were on the main stage, which seemed like more often than not.  Denver 2 I was front row main stage in front of Adam and it was the best experience of my life.  Definitely felt like I saw the band wayyy more, and had about as good a view of the screen as I did on night 1...so I'd say it was a primo spot. 

Offline TheUltravylet

• Babyface
  • Dreaming beneath the desert sky...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 01:26:11 AM »
Thank you all for your insight I think I'm definitely going to go for Adam's side. I saw him in Houston for the 360 tour and he gave an amazing show- Edge passed through our section once (red zone) and I never saw him again. If anyone else has a preference please leave a comment below hopefully this helps others that are unsure of where to stand. Thanks again :)
~V~

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 05:27:23 AM »
I didn't get to Montreal 2 until 8:05.  I went to the least crowded area which was on the North Side where the e-stage and catwalk meet....maybe down the catwalk a little bit.

I plan to go back to that spot even if I arrive earlier unless there is a rail spot (which I don't plan on getting there that early).  I was maybe 5 or 6 people back from the rail and the way they set up the drums and piano on the e-stage, I thought it was perfect.  There are also times where Bono, The Edge, and Adam stopped right in front of us.  Additionally, we were back far enough to see the visuals without straining our necks. 

This gives you a sense of where we were...
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:30:04 AM by dwaltman »

LemonadeSupernova

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 05:36:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This gives you a sense of where we were...
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It looks a bit male top heavy.

Offline Javedof

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
Any recommendations as far as when to line up for what kind of view?  I'm doing NY 7/19 and wondering if I should put in the time to line up or just come when doors open

Offline Lucyibis

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »
I was GA in Phoenix and for both shows in Denver. I did not line up at 7 in the morning like a lot of people and instead got in line either at 5:45 pm or right at 6pm. I was able to for both Denver shows be right on the rail and for the Phoenix show I was 2 people behind the rail. I have stood in the same place for each show and it is on Edge's side at the end of the screens close to the E stage. This is where Bono comes out of the screens after Cedarwood Road and performed Sunday Bloody Sunday infant of us. It was incredible!!!! To be that close and see both stages and the E stage was awesome...I felt like he was in front of us or Adam or Edge were a good chunk of the show.

Waffles

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »
Bono really loves his tiny stage ;). If you care about bono more than anything head for the e stage, and he may even pull you up. He's there for like 75-80% of the show. the other three will be at the i stage most of the time. Anywhere on the catwalk is great because you will be able to see all the stages. Edge and adam will come out on the catwalk every couple songs.