Author Topic: (Possible Spoilers) Does Anyone Else Get Choked Up During Iris Live?  (Read 818 times)

Offline Lixard52

• Stateless
I've only seen two shows so far.  Even after reading about the tour, watching periscopes ahead of time, nothing prepared me for the first half of the show.  Iris in particular.  I don't know if it's the images of Bono's mother on the screen, or the fact that they play the song so well live, but both times I've seen it, I end up inconsolable by the end of it.  I'm no U2 newb either.  I've seen multiple shows on every tour since ZooTV and I've never felt more emotional during a U2 show than the first half of this tour.  Anyone else have this experience?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
 I got choked up when he sang it and watching the screen however by night 3 it didn't have the same effect. The acoustic version of EBW was my favourite Bone's voice was so clear it was very good and I looked forward to him singing that each night. All in all the shows were AMAZING.

Offline meagan24

• Babyface
YES! I get choked up when I heard it on the album but it was so much more poignant live.

Offline nickh79

• Babyface
No

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
Only the studio version.  The subtleties of the music and emotion seem a little lost to me live with 40,000 screaming fans.

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
Not only did I choke up seeing Iris live, I flat out cried.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Iris is really powerful. The last line of the song, "free yourself, to be yourself, if only you could see yourself" is amazing.

Waffles

I like the way edge sings it live vs the album. It's alot more beautiful.

PatateTony35

You nailed it. Iris live is so emotional with the visual. Cedarwood Road was angry.