Author Topic: Does anybody get tired of all the Snippets?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Does anybody get tired of all the Snippets?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 03:02:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
People questioning the setlists, people questioning Bono not singing the songs properly, now people questioning the snippets.

What is next in the pipeline? Should U2 even bother playing live ever again for their fans to enjoy or not?

This

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »
I support the snippet.

LemonadeSupernova

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 03:44:33 PM »
I support the snippet.

I wish they would once in a while.  I know they did with Discotheque during the Crazy Remix on 360 but that was a while ago.

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »
People questioning the setlists, people questioning Bono not singing the songs properly, now people questioning the snippets.

What is next in the pipeline? Should U2 even bother playing live ever again for their fans to enjoy or not?

This.

Offline CalebChaos

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 06:26:26 PM »
I've been a huge U2 fan since the 90's and have lerked this forums since ATYCLB came out-- and I'll admit I haven't been to a U2 concert since the Vertigo tour in ATL (I'd love to go, but living in MIssissippi and taking care of a family will make you miss some shows). But I keep up with all the setlist each night and I just always found it strange the amount of snippets. I loved in ATL hearing them bust out Rock the Casbah and singing Happy Birthday then..

But I noticed on the 360 tour the setlist was littered with them. This tour seems to be almost doing the same. I love the Ruby Tuesday classic U2 snippets but I just think some shows don't need them at all. I see a lot of indie bands in smaller venues and I never hear covers or snippets played.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:30:48 PM by CalebChaos »

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »
They need to be well chosen and add to the song. Something like 'stand by me' with 'buzz aldrin in the house' was not one of those...