Author Topic: Purchasing 2 Ga's separately on for the same night on credit card  (Read 939 times)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
Has anybody done this during the ticket drop?  Do two GA's purchased separately on a credit card card for the same night count as two tix?

Offline Bentleyspop

• Babyface
Re: Purchasing 2 Ga's separately on for the same night on credit card
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:23:18 AM »
1 + 1 = 2

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 06:34:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1 + 1 = 2

Hahaha, touche.  But somebody on another forum page mentioned it didn't work and it only counted as one ticket when they swiped the card.  I just thought it strange I could pull up two separate GAs on the ticketmaster app but not too at once.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 07:05:24 AM »
1 + 1 = 2

Hahaha, touche.  But somebody on another forum page mentioned it didn't work and it only counted as one ticket when they swiped the card.  I just thought it strange I could pull up two separate GAs on the ticketmaster app but not two at once.
I am curious of a story of that working as I hope to score GA's on (hopefully Boston drops)
A question for you when did the GAs drop in relation to you show time wise .. The day of, or two days prior.. Am or Pm Thanks !!

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 07:42:26 AM »
1 + 1 = 2

Hahaha, touche.  But somebody on another forum page mentioned it didn't work and it only counted as one ticket when they swiped the card.  I just thought it strange I could pull up two separate GAs on the ticketmaster app but not two at once.
I am curious of a story of that working as I hope to score GA's on (hopefully Boston drops)
A question for you when did the GAs drop in relation to you show time wise .. The day of, or two days prior.. Am or Pm Thanks !!

It was pm.  24 hrs prior to the first show.  Around 6 pm.  And 48 hrs prior to the second.  Is there a reason this won't work?

Offline U2rules

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 08:02:39 AM »
I bought 2 GAs for Montreal #4 with one credit card during the presale, and then got 2 during the general sale (I made sure to use a different credit card).
I called the Bell Center to make sure it was ok and they wouldn't cancel either of them.
They said that was fine (since I was under the ticket limit) and at the show I just swiped both cards and let in my 3 family members.
Although I don't know if Evenko ever cancelled people's GAs like ticketmaster did!

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 08:07:38 AM »
1 + 1 = 2

Hahaha, touche.  But somebody on another forum page mentioned it didn't work and it only counted as one ticket when they swiped the card.  I just thought it strange I could pull up two separate GAs on the ticketmaster app but not too at once.

It should count as two, but will show as two separate transactions when they swipe the card.  If the ticket taker isn't paying attention, they'll only print the first ticket and not re-swipe the card to then print the second.  As for purchasing on the TM app, if the GA seats are not right together in the numbering sequence, you will have to purchase them one at a time.  Although it's one big GA section, the seats are numbered for capacity tracking purposes and if they the seat numbers are not together, the system can't sell them as such. I think that's only an issue when using the app though. If you use the interactive map on TM's website, you should be able to put two separate GA seats in your shopping cart and then complete the purchase process for both tickets at one time.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 02:42:25 PM »
At Chicago 1 they saw I had two tickets and told me they would just have to slide the card twice.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »
Lorijane, did both tickets scan r the same side of the floor, or did security just let you both onto one side of the floor? Obviously don't want to be separated from friends.

Offline badu2fan

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 11:15:15 AM »
TM would let you know if the purchase was over the limit. I have Chicago 5 ga which I was only able to buy 3 and then later got 1 more on same credit card. I bought these during the regular sale when 5 was added.

Will we get a little Trucking or Riding that Train as a tribute to the Dead? I wonder if they will give a nod to one of America's greatest touring acts?

Just a snippet of Ripple would be sweet.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 10:55:04 PM »
Lorijane, did both tickets scan r the same side of the floor, or did security just let you both onto one side of the floor? Obviously don't want to be separated from friends.

In Chicago you can choose, they tell you go to the left table for south (edge) and the right table for north (Adam). So figure it out with your group beforehand and go to whichever table you choose. They want you to figure it out before you get into the venue so you don't delay the process. I don't know about other venues except at Denver I had three and they all printed out at once and we all got the same side (they didn't ask our choice), but it was flash seats, not ticketmaster.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:58:38 PM by lorijane »

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 10:06:50 PM »
Cool, thanks. I hope London's the same as Chicago then. I have a 1+1 for show (no GA's available when I tried for 2, split my order, which worked), & 2+1 for another show (max no. of GA's offered was only 2).