Author Topic: USA dates in 2016?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Giga Razor

• Stateless
Re: USA dates in 2016?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 09:26:49 AM »
Forget the US they need to concentrate on other countries who vastly get short changed ,Italy where they are absolutely huge gets only 2 shows ,the U.K. gets only 2 locations London and Glasgow while ignoring Manchester,Nottingham,Birmingham ,Liverpool etc all of which have big arenas and most worryingly Dublin their home town gets nothing which is absolutely crazy  with some pathetic excuse that the production doesn't fit ,U2 need to reconnect and give their fans an equal opportunity of seeing them .

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 09:37:59 AM »
If they go into stadiums the show will need a complete redesign. Scale is an issue for starters, what looks big in an arena will look tiny in a stadium - then there are the different challenges for sound and sight lines...

Personally I would be happy (if they must play stadiums, I am not sure they have the power any more to pull it off) if they put up a normal end stage set up with a big unbroken heaving mass of humanity standing on the pitch rather than what we saw on 360 with all the dead space and barriers created by the red zone, the inner circle and the monstrosity that was the claw itself eating up floor space.

Forget trying to sell ever seat, they don't play to those behind them anyway and the views are often horrible - a nice big end stage with a great light show and easy to see screen for everybody will do...

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Forget the US they need to concentrate on other countries who vastly get short changed ,Italy where they are absolutely huge gets only 2 shows ,the U.K. gets only 2 locations London and Glasgow while ignoring Manchester,Nottingham,Birmingham ,Liverpool etc all of which have big arenas and most worryingly Dublin their home town gets nothing which is absolutely crazy  with some pathetic excuse that the production doesn't fit ,U2 need to reconnect and give their fans an equal opportunity of seeing them .

I agree that there are plenty of other countries that ought to have more shows (Central/S. Amer, Aus/NZ, Europe, Japan, etc.), and I think they will get stadium shows there to meet the demand.

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 03:24:43 PM »
Hopefully the next tour will just be a plug-and-play tour so that we can see some more set variety. Don't get me wrong, the tech stuff is awesome and I really enjoy the show they put on. But seeing some different songs being played would be great.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »
Yes I am ready for what's next after seeing this tour I would like the the same stage setup with the 2 stages so much more closer to the people and more songs from the catalogue that they haven't played a real raw show next time. No need for the big screen although it was a different approach this time and was pretty cool 😎..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:41:24 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »
Hopefully the next tour will just be a plug-and-play tour so that we can see some more set variety. Don't get me wrong, the tech stuff is awesome and I really enjoy the show they put on. But seeing some different songs being played would be great.
I don't believe  we'll ever see a "raw" U2 show again unfortunetly

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
I don't believe  we'll ever see a "raw" U2 show again unfortunetly

Yeah, I don't see it happening either  :(  It would be really nice if they did it just once before they call it quits.

SpookyElectric

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 02:35:15 PM »
either they'll play croke park next year or irish fans might strike lucky and get a residency at the o2.