17 (48.6%)
The "Innocence" phase
12 (34.3%)
The "Experience" phase
6 (17.1%)
The Encore
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Best "phase" of the show  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Re: Best "phase" of the show
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 01:58:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cobl really needs to go

Agreed. I'd rather get Miracle Drug, but I don't think the lead encore is the best place for it. They are usually much better at this. UV and HMTMKMKM were perfect choices on 360.

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 02:08:01 PM »
Ack.  COBL was probably my single favorite moment of the concert.  Just goes to show you everyone has a different opinion and U2 can't please all of us all the time.

(My pick for overdue retirement is WOWY).

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 03:05:51 PM »
Am I the only one who kinda hopes for a show sometime with less "production"? I don't need the big fancy screens. I just wanna hear the music and feel the energy as it fires up the crowd. That was what I liked about those first four songs on IE. Don't get me wrong, the big fancy screens on Zoo TV were (and still are) the coolest things I have ever seen at a concert but at this point I just want the energy and don't need the fluff.

A lot of people seem to share that view. I for one don't. I go to gigs fairly often, or used to at least, and the production of your average band consists of a few strobes. I look forward to the spectacle of the production and do not think it takes away from the music. Besides, if you're at the back of a stadium it loses energy without production.

The one thing it would bring, however, is a much more flexible setlist. At the moment, the only rotation seems to be in the Second song and on the E-stage, where not much production is used.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »
Trust me, it's not production that's limiting the setlist. It's the band themselves. After all, the opening segment on this tour is completely the same save for slot 2, and there's NO bells and whistles to that segment.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 09:17:01 PM »
I would rather if, since they're already quoting the song in the Mother & Child video, they launched into Crumbs From Your Table instead of going right into Streets, and then after that big solo at the end it transitions into Streets.
As a rare fan of Crumbs, I could totally get behind this idea.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »
I would rather if, since they're already quoting the song in the Mother & Child video, they launched into Crumbs From Your Table instead of going right into Streets, and then after that big solo at the end it transitions into Streets.

Have they ever played crumbs live? I'm quite a fan of the song as well. Not sur how well it would segue into Streets though, something like SLABT or The Troubles would be better imo. That being said, anything is better than Bono talking during the intro.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 11:35:07 AM »

Have they ever played crumbs live? I'm quite a fan of the song as well. Not sur how well it would segue into Streets though, something like SLABT or The Troubles would be better imo. That being said, anything is better than Bono talking during the intro.
A few times during the Vertigo tour.