Author Topic: Issues with Crystal Ballroom live  (Read 3299 times)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
Re: Issues with Crystal Ballroom live
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 09:28:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still don't under fascination with this song, like I dig it. But it's not the best song off of SOI I probably wouldn't even put it in the top 10

Yes, this. It's perfectly fine but not particularly great - which is exactly how it was live.

But I love me some disco sounding U2.

Me too. I LOVE The Crystal Ballroom. Makes me wanna dance.

I'm a HUGE lover of The Crystal Ballroom. I think it's a sneak peak at the next album. Oh, and I love the extended version on the vinyl edition of SOI.

Have a listen: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes, I LOVE the extended version as well. When I first bought the vinyl, I played it over and over, at a very high volume, and then danced around my living room. Love the hand drums (I dont know what they are really called) and lingering Edge guitar solo. That song totally does it for me.

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
Maybe they wont need the backing track after awhile. I've noticed in RBW, that they ditched the prerecorded breathing noises thing from the album, which originally backed the song in Vancouver (and maybe shows after), for Bono to provide his own live breathing noises (read: HAWT!!!!). It sounds much better this way.

I figure after more tries, maybe the backing track situation in CB will go away.

I noticed this too.  I like Bono doing them live and they aren't really necessary once he starts singing.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 10:43:52 AM »
Maybe they wont need the backing track after awhile. I've noticed in RBW, that they ditched the prerecorded breathing noises thing from the album, which originally backed the song in Vancouver (and maybe shows after), for Bono to provide his own live breathing noises (read: HAWT!!!!). It sounds much better this way.

I figure after more tries, maybe the backing track situation in CB will go away.

I noticed this too.  I like Bono doing them live and they aren't really necessary once he starts singing.

I agree. The way the song is done now sounds more in the moment. I like the lack of that backing track. And being a Bonogirl, I love the live breathing noises instead.  :-*  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »
Note to Bono: don't try to lead singalong during edge's solo, just watch and worship.

I have been saying that for years. Ever watched any live version of New Years Day? If I were Edge I would go over there and smack him out. 

Bono does that a lot. Rant over Edge's solo's. Even when they were recording Cedarwood Rd, Bono started singing over Edge's solo. But that kind of works as it builds up the song.

But live, Bono can't help himself. No matter what song it is.

Second night in Chicago I was impressed that Bono didn't actually Bono babble over every guitar solo.

Offline Rayford27

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Your wheels are turning, but you're upside down
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »
Ok, I was there.  I heard it live and then I heard it again on youtube when I got home.   I don't have any issues. Thanks for playing it, guys!