Author Topic: GA Line Advice: Do not trust the line Nazis.  (Read 7165 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: GA Line Advice: Do not trust the line Nazis.
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2015, 04:05:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
From some posts in other threads, it sounds like the venue wristband system in Boston is causing drama, with people trying to get into line by their wristband numbers past the " you have to be here and we mean it" time. Love and peace!

Hi lj! I think some good intentions were causing some confusion.  We got to TD Garden and met some really nice security agents. They told us if we were GA we had to be wristbanded by them. They had a different colored and symbol wristband for each day-- purple smiley faces, green stars.  One guard, Clarence, told us this was so the Garden staff could identify who was going GA for the show. He told us the purpose was because there is a lot of construction happening at the Garden and also since it is a subway stop this was a way for staff to differentiate who was supposed to be there and who was loitering since there was a lot of foot traffic through the Garden and surrounding streets.

I think the confusion came when people assumed that the venue wristbands were their concert wristbands and/or their place in the GA line -- the venue wristbands were numbered.  Some people who worked for the venue knew that there was an actual GA live and others didn't. By the time we got there (Days 3 and 4) most people seemed to know. As usual I think it boiled down to a lack of communication.

I admit that there could have been better coordination. Not having really taken part in the line I am not sure where the lapse was. Friends who were in the line told me that the line runners were doing a pretty efficient job and running things well. Trouble was that hiccup.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2015, 06:28:57 AM »
Yeah, sounded like things were sorted out after the first day. Plus I read the Garden is next to a federal building, causing even more worries about security and making sure the people hanging around had a reason! But it all works in the  end.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »
So far this was the most deconstructed of all the venues I have seen. . . you had to walk through this maze of construction. Plus the subway entrance is right under the Garden. People were going back and forth. it was more than a little chaotic. Again the staff couldn't have been nicer.