Author Topic: Chicago night 5 July 2. *SPOILERS*  (Read 3303 times)

SpookyElectric

Re: Chicago night 5 July 2. *SPOILERS*
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
COBL/Streets/40 on paper at least is a pretty decent triumvirate to close with

cobl and streets is a kind of replication.
Kind of. But better that the other 'final 3 song' options

Sweetest Thing, Stuck and SUC would also flow smoothly.  Like poo down the toilet.

Sorry that's too negative.  and anyway Stuck is a tough turd to get rid of.  what I really mean is the encore should be optional and random or out of the park songs should be played there.  Whether fans at a show get an encore at all should depend o n how the band feel about the crowd they'd played for, so if they were unenthusiastic and took too many photees then they wouldn't get one at all.  that'd learn them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:55:21 PM by SpookyElectric »

Offline threechords

• Wanderer
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
In my opinion Chicago 5 was the best show of the five, and it's hard to imagine a better one, although I agree with poster who said Ordinary Love was not his favorite. A small quibble.

Wow

had tickets to all 5 and 5 was a joke bad.  The top half of the bowl sat the whole show until the last few songs, post BD.  The E stage stuff, Cali and OL, people were going to the bathroom in droves.  I am shocked at how bad Chi 5 was. Several times I was like wow this is a phone in.  I wonder if they were pi**ed at the lack of a sell out.  Boston seems to have been punished since the sit down in the heart that tour.  Anyway, we can agree to disagree.  I have seen them over 50 times but a stinker.  I am shocked the last Chicago show is close to as bad as the first.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »
Money.... Plus I saw 3 shows in Montreal which were amazing. The cost of the show, hotel, and airfare, I already looked into it around 2000.00 for one night. I am alone and not rich...it will also be my birthday.... So 😔 sad. DONATIONS ANYONE?  LOL...

Drive down? Does Porter Air fly this route? Lodging - airbnb, hostel, Jersey and bus over?
I met some terrific Montrealans when I was there for the shows last month. Maybe you could see if there are other fans interested in going?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 04:07:56 AM »
No car...I looked at ticketmaster for tickets, yikes pretty expensive it's the damn exchange our dollar ain't that good right now. Most of my friends saw them here in Montreal I need a miracle...

Offline jjack339

• Stateless
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2015, 04:12:42 AM »
In my opinion Chicago 5 was the best show of the five, and it's hard to imagine a better one, although I agree with poster who said Ordinary Love was not his favorite. A small quibble.

Wow

had tickets to all 5 and 5 was a joke bad.  The top half of the bowl sat the whole show until the last few songs, post BD.  The E stage stuff, Cali and OL, people were going to the bathroom in droves.  I am shocked at how bad Chi 5 was. Several times I was like wow this is a phone in.  I wonder if they were pi**ed at the lack of a sell out.  Boston seems to have been punished since the sit down in the heart that tour.  Anyway, we can agree to disagree.  I have seen them over 50 times but a stinker.  I am shocked the last Chicago show is close to as bad as the first.

Well I am glad others were not as miserable as you. You think the fact it was your 5th show played into it?
My siblings and a few friends were at the show and they loved it. Thought it was amazing.