Poll

Who's The Champ?

Bad, Live Aid 1985
17 (65.4%)
With or Without You, Paris 1992
9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: September 18, 2015, 05:20:08 AM

Author Topic: The U2 Live Heavyweight Championship.  (Read 10158 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
The U2 Live Heavyweight Championship.
« on: July 03, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »
A new idea for a thread....

I am going to nominate a live u2 performance that I really love and it's first come first served to 'challenge' it with a live performance you think is better....

Once that challenge has been posted, I will add a poll for people to vote for the one they like best.

The winner then receives a new challenge from anyone who fancies it and again there is a poll and so on and so on.

Call it the 'u2 live heavyweight championship of the world' as the reigning champ goes up against the latest challenger and then as time goes on and the title changes hands...

So may I present to you this little beauty to start us off, we should get some interesting videos as people join in this! - who is gonna step up and challenge and with what?....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As soon as we have a challenger I'll add a poll!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:14:21 PM by an tha »

Offline PieBlaCon

• Refugee
  • I believe in the Kingdom Come
Re: The U2 Live Heavyweight Championship.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:38:48 AM »
Interesting idea. I'll nominate my favorite Macphisto/Zoo TV Tour performance. Seems fitting to start that way.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
One - Tacoma 1992!

I've posted this on the site a few times. I found it a couple of months back and it blew me away. The last part of the song is Bono at is absolute live best. Taking the song to new heights, singing like it's the last song he will ever sing.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »
Right...PieBlaCon stepped up first...so cruel you can take on the winner if you want!

I'll add poll now for a few days worth of voting...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 09:52:54 AM »
By the way PieBlaCon that is a mighty pick, a great performance.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »
Poll added, will run for 4 days...

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 10:28:00 AM »
A performance for a later contest...

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
Cool idea!

I voted for Ultraviolet. I love the LEMON! performance, but mostly because of the way it transitions into WOWY and MacPhisto's entertaining dancing throughout. Ultraviolet, on the other hand, is not only a better song in my opinion but it also is one of my favorite U2 performances to watch and listen to.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »
Cool idea!

I voted for Ultraviolet. I love the LEMON! performance, but mostly because of the way it transitions into WOWY and MacPhisto's entertaining dancing throughout. Ultraviolet, on the other hand, is not only a better song in my opinion but it also is one of my favorite U2 performances to watch and listen to.

My choice was nearly a WOWY performance, one from Washington in 92.....just fantastic, there is a vid of it on youtube with ultraviolet before it....pure magic

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 01:55:06 PM »
Cool idea!

My choice was nearly a WOWY performance, one from Washington in 92.....just fantastic, there is a vid of it on youtube with ultraviolet before it....pure magic
WOWY + UV is pretty much perfect. I think it's that performance of WOWY that begins with Bono saying, "Let's get married! Let's go to Vegas!," which cracks me up. From there on out it's simply beautiful...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 04:33:40 PM »
Cool idea!

WOWY + UV is pretty much perfect. I think it's that performance of WOWY that begins with Bono saying, "Let's get married! Let's go to Vegas!," which cracks me up. From there on out it's simply beautiful...

That is the one......love it. That let's get married line is uber cool

meximofo

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 04:44:37 PM »
Cool idea!

By the way, he said "let's get married, let's go to Vegas" many, many times in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd leg.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »
Cool idea!

By the way, he said "let's get married, let's go to Vegas" many, many times in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd leg.

The repetition does not do the line down at all for me

meximofo

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 05:26:16 PM »
I was just saying that Washington is not "the one with the let's get married part".

Offline Am I bugging you?

• Party Girl/Boy
  • “Fu<k the revolution”
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »
  I voted for Ultraviolet. I was disappointed when Lemon had replaced Ultraviolet. Don't get me wrong, I love Lemon. But Ultraviolet was a major highlight of ZooTV.