Author Topic: VIP IE limited edition tour gift. what are your thoughts?  (Read 1916 times)

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: VIP IE limited edition tour gift. what are your thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »
From what I've read, I think you were probably sitting next to people who paid $300 for just the ticket, so you got a pretty good deal!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 04:15:56 PM »
I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I have one of those packages for Paris so was keen to see what was in it.

Thanks!

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »
I don't understand.  How did you get all that for only $240 when some of us here paid $300 just for a ticket??  Where did you purchase it and what show is the ticket for?

Offline lemonPOP

• Refugee
  • Love is a temple
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't understand.  How did you get all that for only $240 when some of us here paid $300 just for a ticket??  Where did you purchase it and what show is the ticket for?

It was the Denver show and it was at the end.  So don't be to upset.   I bought them from u2.com and like I said the 300 tickets were better tickets,  but I didn't know at the time I was going to be at the end.  Still a good deal but tickets were going from 100 the night before close to my seats.   The seating chart is a whole other discussion.   However I am excited to receive two of these.  My son who is 12 has now seen them 4 times and he loves the gift.  The vip prices were different at each venue I believe.   

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 05:50:12 PM »
Great bonus, wish I got that one.

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 05:53:36 PM »

The $240 VIP tickets were at the arena ends, where you wouldn't have a great view of the big screen. Not sure if they were behind the stage or right on the e-stage. I thought about buying one but didn't - now I wish I had!

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 06:07:35 PM »
That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 06:16:18 PM »
That's a nice gift when I was at the 360 first nigh I did VIP tickets and all we got was a u2 throw blanket My cat sleeps on it.

Offline JohnInAthens

• Refugee
  • atU2 Staff - Venue Archaeologist
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 09:05:04 PM »
That looks incredible!

Now I'm wishing I had gone VIP for a night!

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »

It was the Denver show and it was at the end.  So don't be to upset.   I bought them from u2.com and like I said the 300 tickets were better tickets,  but I didn't know at the time I was going to be at the end.  Still a good deal but tickets were going from 100 the night before close to my seats.   The seating chart is a whole other discussion.   However I am excited to receive two of these.  My son who is 12 has now seen them 4 times and he loves the gift.  The vip prices were different at each venue I believe.

Thanks for the explanation.  Despite where the seats were it's a pretty good deal.  I didn't even know u2.com was offering it.  I should pay more attention!

Offline skalichman

• Wanderer
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 07:57:04 PM »
So I've done VIP for other bands and really thought it was a rip. It was a way to get in the pit...but thought the gift would add to the value.  It did not.. Crappy poster, laminated tag, and not great t-shirt.
This looks so worth it. I would have been thrilled to have that stuff...