Author Topic: What SOI songs will stay once SOE is released?  (Read 2146 times)

SpookyElectric

Re: What SOI songs will stay once SOE is released?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why would TCB stick around when it's just a bonus track that's only been played once anyway?  I mean it might stay in rotation but would be weird if it were in more regular rotation than others.

Miracle is 100% guaranteed; no lead single has ever dropped out of the subsequent tour. After that, I say Cedarwood & RBW are anchored by their place in the setlist, EBW is a band favourite and only SoI song in the second set. Others will stay in rotation; Iris and Invisible will be first to go.
Boots?

Boots was one of the only three NLOTH songs to make it to the end of 360.

It was the first lead single of the album. And it has been dropped for the subsequent tour ie. The first time ever for the band to not play the last albums first single on the following tour

I think he meant the tour which immediately followed the lead single release.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 03:21:42 PM »
Why would TCB stick around when it's just a bonus track that's only been played once anyway?  I mean it might stay in rotation but would be weird if it were in more regular rotation than others.

Miracle is 100% guaranteed; no lead single has ever dropped out of the subsequent tour. After that, I say Cedarwood & RBW are anchored by their place in the setlist, EBW is a band favourite and only SoI song in the second set. Others will stay in rotation; Iris and Invisible will be first to go.
Boots?

It was the first lead single of the album. And it has been dropped for the subsequent tour ie. The first time ever for the band to not play the last albums first single on the following tour

Numb wasn't played on Pop, nor was The Fly.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »

Boots?

By subsequent tour, I meant the tour immediately after the single's release, IE: The tour OF the related album which this would still be. Even if there's a new album, they will still be touring SoI as well and The Miracle will still be there. Unless you think the Experience Tour will be a wholly new tour, but... well, it won't be. Just as The Fly wasn't dropped on ZooTV after Zooropa came out. (Though I accept there's an argument that since this is the only precedent for something like this, we don't know for sure - but really, it's very, very unlikely it gets dropped.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:53:35 PM by The Unknown Caller »

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »
I think The Miracle and EBW will probably stay in future sets to some degree. SFS might find its way in there too. I think the new stuff sounds great and I hope they keep it around for quite some time.

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 04:56:15 PM »

Boots?

By subsequent tour, I meant the tour immediately after the single's release, IE: The tour OF the related album which this would still be. Even if there's a new album, they will still be touring SoI as well and The Miracle will still be there. Unless you think the Experience Tour will be a wholly new tour, but... well, it won't be. Just as The Fly wasn't dropped on ZooTV after Zooropa came out. (Though I accept there's an argument that since this is the only precedent for something like this, we don't know for sure - but really, it's very, very unlikely it gets dropped.)
Ok. I misunderstood you.
I agree that Miracle will 100% be sticking around. Even after five shows in Chicago, I wasn't bored of it. Crowd seemed to respond to it as well.

Waffles

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 05:24:59 PM »

Boots?

Ok. I misunderstood you.
I agree that Miracle will 100% be sticking around. Even after five shows in Chicago, I wasn't bored of it. Crowd seemed to respond to it as well.

Same but I'm just not sure it will stay the opener

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 05:38:57 PM »

Boots?

Ok. I misunderstood you.

Same but I'm just not sure it will stay the opener
I'm not sure either. But what else would be? An older song? An SOE song? Maybe TIWYCRMN?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 06:11:59 AM »

Boots?

The band recognize how epically terrible Boots is.  We should be grateful to them for not subjecting their audience to it.

The video is even more awful.

Every time someone talks about Boots, all I can think about it the video, and girls with mustaches.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »

Boots?

The band recognize how epically terrible Boots is.  We should be grateful to them for not subjecting their audience to it.

The video is even more awful.

Every time someone talks about Boots, all I can think about it the video, and girls with mustaches.
Why did I read this thread? I had that image out of my head for good!

Offline Swimming Sorrows

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 10:38:32 AM »
What an awful video. Imagine if U2 was as popular as they were when Discotheque came out, but instead they had that turd of a video.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 10:50:14 AM »
Will Continue to be Played Every Night:
EBW
The Miracle
Cedarwood Road

Will Go into Rotation - still played maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the time, but not every night:
Song for Someone
Invisible
The Crystal Ballroom (currently played only once, but I expect it will be played once every 4 nights or so)
Ordinary Love (similar to current rotation)

Will be Dropped Completely:
Raised by Wolves
Iris
California
Volcano
The Troubles
Lucifer's Hands

SpookyElectric

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
It'll be interesting to see the structure of the setlist if and when they do a stadium tour.  Will there still be two sections?  Will they do away with the theme of innocence and experience and call the tour by another name such as the 'Volcano Tour'.  If so, there could a major shakeup in the setlists. 

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
Raised By Wolves isn't going anywhere.

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 03:48:14 PM »
I'm not sure this is news or a rumor, but I'll play along:

Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking, but I think This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now will get added and Wolves or SBS will get dropped in favor of Please. 

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »
I think I need to know what songs are on Experience first before I can make any theories.

I kind of tend to agree that the likelihood of them actually releasing Experience between the arena and stadium parts of this tour are pretty slim to nil. U2 just doesnt work under this kind of pressure... I'm currently reading U2 At The End of THe World and after seeing the enormous amount of work it took them to get Zooropa out so quickly in the middle of a tour break... I dont know, guys. U2 is just not the produce-it-fast kind of band. And I'm not sure we want them to be either. Of course, we dont want them to sit on the thing for years, either. I just wont believe it until I see it.