Poll

Would you like to see Boots brought back on this tour?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Get on your Boots Reprised  (Read 2000 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Get on your Boots Reprised
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 03:06:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Boots gets too much hate in my view.

Ok it isn't a very good song, but I believe it was a good idea just badly executed.....There is experimental intent in there and some pretty cool sounds, it's just u2 have become middle aged men who have lost their ear for edgy and it ended up being clunky like pretty much all their 'rockier' songs post Pop.

But at least with boots there is something different there, the let me in the sound part is pretty good, it's let down badly by the lyrics and the sound of the verses.

There is some quite dirty guitar work around the chorus and if you compare it to banal sh**e like elevation for example it's much better...it of course isn't as easy to get as elevation so a bit like Pop people rubbish it...

U2 have many worse songs in their post Pop cannon than boots, it did sort of kick ar*e live as well at times.

The verses sound needed fattening and roughing up a bit, the lyrics are bad in places but sonically I like it's intent and some of what it delivers.

It's a jarring song I suppose with an experimental heart and the bones of a pretty cool idea that 20 years ago I reckon they would have worked into a great tune.
I can't believe that of all people you'd be the one to say this on the forum.

Erm ok......why....

surit87

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »
They will never play it... The song was whacked even during 360 and for good reason.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »

Ok it isn't a very good song, but I believe it was a good idea just badly executed.....There is experimental intent in there and some pretty cool sounds, it's just u2 have become middle aged men who have lost their ear for edgy and it ended up being clunky like pretty much all their 'rockier' songs post Pop.

But at least with boots there is something different there, the let me in the sound part is pretty good, it's let down badly by the lyrics and the sound of the verses.

There is some quite dirty guitar work around the chorus and if you compare it to banal sh**e like elevation for example it's much better...it of course isn't as easy to get as elevation so a bit like Pop people rubbish it...

U2 have many worse songs in their post Pop cannon than boots, it did sort of kick ar*e live as well at times.

The verses sound needed fattening and roughing up a bit, the lyrics are bad in places but sonically I like it's intent and some of what it delivers.

It's a jarring song I suppose with an experimental heart and the bones of a pretty cool idea that 20 years ago I reckon they would have worked into a great tune.

Erm ok......why....

Well, you've said so yourself you are very critical of their 2000s work, so I would normally assume you hated Boots.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »
I honestly would rather hear Boots than Stuck or COBL.

Haha, can't disagree with that, but otherwise I vote no.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2015, 07:49:15 AM »

Erm ok......why....

Well, you've said so yourself you are very critical of their 2000s work, so I would normally assume you hated Boots.

Ah, ok.

Yes I am very critical of the bands work post Pop, it's what is to me the blandness of it that is my biggest 'problem'

Boots is far from great but it at least has a heart that is away from the safety net that much of their post 2000 work seems to sit in.