Author Topic: Toronto Night 1 July 6 *SPOILERS*  (Read 2117 times)

Offline trashbag

• Refugee
Re: Toronto Night 1 July 6 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 09:49:26 PM »
u2gigs is counting Stand By Me as a full song.

Offline depmode101

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »
I was at Montreal nights 3 and 4, and have usually thought that the Toronto crowd wasnt as good as Montreal, but tonight the crowd was incredible. I think that everyone was out of there seats the whole night!  This was probably the best show I've seen in Toronto, and with u2 brother getting up on stage with his band it was incredible!

Lots of fun tonight and I'm hoping for another great show tomorrow!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 11:27:33 PM »
U2 Gigs had a different person tweeting the songs. It will probably be updated tomorrow and we can fix the list.

Offline Eno

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 11:53:50 PM »
Awesome show from start to finish.

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 08:06:27 AM »
To think I almost went to only Toronto 1. I would have been so angry if that had been my setlist.

Offline Eno

• Wanderer
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »
What is there to be angry about? How f***** up do you have to be to be angry after a U2 show?

Offline Swimming Sorrows

• Stateless
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »
I would have loved more rarities at the Toronto show since I only have night 1 tickets...but, the crowd was really into everything they played. As much as I'm not a huge Elevation fan it was one of the big songs on the night. It was such a positive experience I wasn't missing anything - 25 songs by U2 is amazing.

I know Stuck isn't most people's favourite. It isn't mine either, but it was the first song my wife and I danced too and thus we used it as our wedding song. I was pleasantly surprised to hear it and it certainly could have been cut after the impromptu Desire.

In terms of the new album - CR was great live as was RBW. I was really surprised by the strong reaction to both SFS and EBW. I think the only weak part of the show was Invisible, not the song per say but the fact you could barely see the band. My wife at one point was they are playing Cash at intermission and was surprised to hear Wanderer is a U2 song - that was before the Bono part ;)

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What is there to be angry about? How f***** up do you have to be to be angry after a U2 show?

If I spent hundreds of dollars travelling to Toronto to see them use the rotating slots for Stuck and Elevation, yeah, that would make me angry.

Offline Primavera

• Babyface
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 12:52:42 PM »

If I spent hundreds of dollars travelling to Toronto to see them use the rotating slots for Stuck and Elevation, yeah, that would make me angry.

If one is spending 100s of dollars travelling to Toronto for only two songs then I suggest that person should be able to handle the disappointment of hearing those two songs rather than two other.

It was a great show last night.

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »

If one is spending 100s of dollars travelling to Toronto for only two songs then I suggest that person should be able to handle the disappointment of hearing those two songs rather than two other.

It was a great show last night.

Well, I went to my shows for SoI songs primarily, but if the two rotating slots were used for bad warhorses instead of Volcano/LH/TCB I would be annoyed.

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2015, 02:52:30 PM »

Not sure if being clumsy or just fallen out with the drum tech/bono.. but he appears to throw a couple of sticks within a minute of each other.

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »
To think I almost went to only Toronto 1. I would have been so angry if that had been my setlist.

I dont care how long you ve been in this forum or that u posted gazillion messages here-your comment comes across like as if u were one of those hipsters thinking they cool because they bash U2 and trying to prove they hated U2 long before it was cool to hate U2..I made a 400 mile trip and loved every minute of the show..set list was just fine and atmosphere was awsome..My 10th concert.. I guess band can never please everyone and only the most passionate fans wont complain about setlist..I double the response somebody wrote right after your post..peace

Offline Blazintrini

• Babyface
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »
I thought it was a great show. I took my 9 year old son to his first U2 concert and he loved it.  From the vast amount of songs to choose from you are never going to please everyone

Offline Eno

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm pi**ed off because they didn't play Seconds, Windows in the Skies, Love Comes Tumbling and Bass Trap.

Offline jjack339

• Stateless
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »

Yea, but this is the 1st 25 song playlist I have seen.