Author Topic: Toronto Night 1 July 6 *SPOILERS*  (Read 2115 times)

Online Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Toronto Night 1 July 6 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I thought it was a great show. I took my 9 year old son to his first U2 concert and he loved it.  From the vast amount of songs to choose from you are never going to please everyone

That's awesome.  Taking my daughter to her first U2 show in NY. The first song she ever sang was Bad when she was two. 11 years later she'll (hopefully) experience it live.

Offline cheney50mc

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
I kind of wasn't looking forward to 'Even Better' because it seemed like the guitar whammy part was pre-recorded (this is why I never really liked 'Gone' live), but Dallas was on the main stage during the song activating the whammy, very cool! He did the switching during Elevation also. I had a great view from behind the stage of the Edge's board, I knew that Dallas is also able to do the switching from under the stage but have never seen him on stage during a show.

Was so nice to hear Bad live finally, I used to watch live versions of the song when I was a kid before I knew anything about delay and wondered where the extra guitar notes were coming from.

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
I would have loved more rarities at the Toronto show since I only have night 1 tickets...but, the crowd was really into everything they played. As much as I'm not a huge Elevation fan it was one of the big songs on the night. It was such a positive experience I wasn't missing anything - 25 songs by U2 is amazing.

I know Stuck isn't most people's favourite. It isn't mine either, but it was the first song my wife and I danced too and thus we used it as our wedding song. I was pleasantly surprised to hear it and it certainly could have been cut after the impromptu Desire.

In terms of the new album - CR was great live as was RBW. I was really surprised by the strong reaction to both SFS and EBW. I think the only weak part of the show was Invisible, not the song per say but the fact you could barely see the band. My wife at one point was they are playing Cash at intermission and was surprised to hear Wanderer is a U2 song - that was before the Bono part ;)

Cheers to that. I wasn't expecting them to play Stuck, and when they did I lost it. It was the first song of theirs I ever owned/loved, and I turned into a crying mess for the first minute or two.

Offline Ăhk-tung Bay-bi

• Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2015, 08:41:36 PM »
This was my first time attending an arena U2 show. As a younger fan whose first album was ATYCLB, I enjoyed myself very much. ;D Highlight of the night for me was SBS and RBW (what a segue!)

To the setlist snobs.. why be negative? I don't see how playing TCB or any other rarities would make the night infinitely better. Those "bad warhorses" sounded great from where I was sitting. Elevation was good fun.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »
Yeah, I'm pi**ed off because they didn't play Seconds, Windows in the Skies, Love Comes Tumbling and Bass Trap.

You should check out this article: