Author Topic: Bono dedicating One to Shimon Peres..  (Read 417 times)

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
Bono dedicating One to Shimon Peres..
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
Really? Sorry but the guy is a war criminal.

Bono always going on about equal rights and then celebrates a man who keeps the Palestine occupied with no equal rights for the Palestinians what so ever.

Offline Primavera

• Babyface
Re: Bono dedicating One to Shimon Peres..
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:34:30 AM »
I'm not knowledgeable about Peres, but Bono was very clear Tuesday night in his support of a two-state solution.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:43:42 AM »
I don't do politics, so can't say much about Shimon. 

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 10:48:55 AM »
Bonzo,

I actually really don't know the finer details of this 1000 year drama or sorry war. But Bono tends to look at matters with objectivity and without partisan opinion so  yeah sometimes things get messy.

Think W

miryclay

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:03:13 AM »
This is a complicated issue but that hasn't stopped Bono before.  He's been vocal in support of some things/people I don't agree with, but I appreciate his being vocal and challenging because I think he usually approaches situations with love and an eye to peace.  And 10 times out of 10 that's the right approach.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »
I will leave the political stuff to Bono, not going there...

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
Nelson Mandela was responsible for some terrorist activities earlier in his life and yet Bono has been very supportive of him. I love Bono but he has a way of not always seeing the big picture when it comes to certain issues.

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:04:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nelson Mandela was responsible for some terrorist activities earlier in his life and yet Bono has been very supportive of him. I love Bono but he has a way of not always seeing the big picture when it comes to certain issues.

Mandela was involved in sabotage as part of a revolution against a racist apartheid regime. He's as much a terrorist as George Washington.  I'd encourage you to read up on Mandela's presidency and the idea of 'truth and reconciliation.'  I love Bono because he does indeed see the bigger picture when it comes to people with less than perfect records.  Peres was very hawkish early on but changed his stance later in life.   A few weeks ago someone on here complained that Bono hadn't said anything recently about Palestine/Israel as if they couldn't guess what his stance would be.

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bonzo,

I actually really don't know the finer details of this 1000 year drama or sorry war. But Bono tends to look at matters with objectivity and without partisan opinion so  yeah sometimes things get messy.

Think W

miryclay

It's an impressive thing to me that someone would be so dedicated to a particular issue, such as Bono's campaign for greater funding of AIDS treatment and debt forgiveness in Africa, he's willing to look seriously uncool next to W.  I'm sure he knew he would get crucified for it.  I always think of him as the coyote/trickster when I see him with other curious people like that.