Hard Copy Only
11 (12%)
I-Device copy only
17 (18.5%)
No version and deleted the I-Device verision
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: July 23, 2015, 06:43:00 AM

Author Topic: Did you buy a hard copy of SOI - POLL  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Did you buy a hard copy of SOI - POLL
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 06:26:15 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm happy I don't have an I-phone or I-pod. I'd hate to be one of these individuals hopelessly obsessed with an electronic gadget, always taking pictures, filming video, texting people, or having something in your ear because your listening to music, movie etc. I'm not a slave to any of that sh**, while it seems like more an more, people out there have a complete nervous breakdown if they misplace or lose one of these electronic gadgets. The internet is cool, but I have no intention of spending most of my life on it, which is what people are doing now. It was funny watching Bono admonish the people who got in stage in Chicago telling them to BE IN THE MOMENT instead of filming the moment. I don't think many of them understood what he was talking about.

....I'm happy for you?  I'm not hopelessly obsessed, or a slave.  But yes, you are SO much better than the rest of us.  Also, nice comment about not spending most of your life on the internet......on the internet.

And frankly, if U2 are admonishing anyone about being "in the moment", then perhaps the first step would be for them not to put live tweets from the audience on the screen during the meerkat part of the show.  There's nothing better than watching a concert with a "Total Recall Live" ticker with inane comments.  I've never seen any artist encourage that kind of stuff at a show, but there's U2 doing it.

Ah yes, the U2 bashing continues. I loved Bono's comment about bathroom walls being so clean these days. All those freaks spend their time spouting their hatred on the internet.

It's criticism, not bashing. And it's well earned, if U2 are criticizing people looking at their phones during a concert, while simultaneously using technology that encourages people to use their phones during a concert.

Offline wolf

• Refugee
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 06:37:56 AM »

I'm happy I don't have an I-phone or I-pod. I'd hate to be one of these individuals hopelessly obsessed with an electronic gadget, always taking pictures, filming video, texting people, or having something in your ear because your listening to music, movie etc. I'm not a slave to any of that sh**, while it seems like more an more, people out there have a complete nervous breakdown if they misplace or lose one of these electronic gadgets. The internet is cool, but I have no intention of spending most of my life on it, which is what people are doing now. It was funny watching Bono admonish the people who got in stage in Chicago telling them to BE IN THE MOMENT instead of filming the moment. I don't think many of them understood what he was talking about.

....I'm happy for you?  I'm not hopelessly obsessed, or a slave.  But yes, you are SO much better than the rest of us.  Also, nice comment about not spending most of your life on the internet......on the internet.

And frankly, if U2 are admonishing anyone about being "in the moment", then perhaps the first step would be for them not to put live tweets from the audience on the screen during the meerkat part of the show.  There's nothing better than watching a concert with a "Total Recall Live" ticker with inane comments.  I've never seen any artist encourage that kind of stuff at a show, but there's U2 doing it.

Ah yes, the U2 bashing continues. I loved Bono's comment about bathroom walls being so clean these days. All those freaks spend their time spouting their hatred on the internet.

It's criticism, not bashing. And it's well earned, if U2 are criticizing people looking at their phones during a concert, while simultaneously using technology that encourages people to use their phones during a concert.

Well, collectively, it is bashing. If all you do is criticize what the band does post 2000, then that is a form of bashing. Bash away all you want, but I wouldn't bother posting on a message board for an artist that I was so critical of. Message boards for artist typically  attract fans who actually like what that artist has done over the past 15 years and prefer to say what they think is good about the artist as opposed to what they don't prefer or don't like. Constantly spewing negativity in regards to the current incarnation of the band and the bands work over the past 15 years is not cool or fun to read in my book. I suppose I could do the same at a Def Leppard message board, but there is not an ounce of desire to do that. I prefer to say what I like about artist as opposed to what I don't like.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 06:55:28 AM »

Well, collectively, it is bashing. If all you do is criticize what the band does post 2000, then that is a form of bashing. Bash away all you want, but I wouldn't bother posting on a message board for an artist that I was so critical of. Message boards for artist typically  attract fans who actually like what that artist has done over the past 15 years and prefer to say what they think is good about the artist as opposed to what they don't prefer or don't like. Constantly spewing negativity in regards to the current incarnation of the band and the bands work over the past 15 years is not cool or fun to read in my book. I suppose I could do the same at a Def Leppard message board, but there is not an ounce of desire to do that. I prefer to say what I like about artist as opposed to what I don't like.

Well, I'm not a collective. I'm not spewing negativity about any incarnation of the band. I offered some well-reasoned criticism, which you then call bashing. As others have stated, you seem not to accept that others might have different opinions from yours. Is the appeal of visiting the board to engage in exchanges like this?

Offline wolf

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 07:31:23 AM »

Well, I'm not a collective. I'm not spewing negativity about any incarnation of the band. I offered some well-reasoned criticism, which you then call bashing. As others have stated, you seem not to accept that others might have different opinions from yours. Is the appeal of visiting the board to engage in exchanges like this?

I'm going to defend something that I love when I feel its getting bashed. Its my opinion. Its ok to defend U2 on a U2 message board. Is the appeal for you in visiting this board to as you say "criticize" U2 and its actions over the past 15 years? If we were to analyze your post about post 2000 U2, what do you think the ratio of criticism to praise would be?

I love post 2000 U2 and I always speak up and defend it when I feel it is being unfairly criticized or bashed regardless if that occurs somewhere on the internet I visit or when I am out somewhere in public, at a concert, bar, etc.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 07:41:47 AM »

I'm going to defend something that I love when I feel its getting bashed. Its my opinion. Its ok to defend U2 on a U2 message board. Is the appeal for you in visiting this board to as you say "criticize" U2 and its actions over the past 15 years? If we were to analyze your post about post 2000 U2, what do you think the ratio of criticism to praise would be?

I love post 2000 U2 and I always speak up and defend it when I feel it is being unfairly criticized or bashed regardless if that occurs somewhere on the internet I visit or when I am out somewhere in public, at a concert, bar, etc.

And yet, none of what you posted applies to my post. I didn't talk about post-2000 U2. I criticized a particular comment Bono made, which you once again have turned into a discussion of "bashing". You've posted far more about your opinions of others' posts than anything about U2. Which is why I asked if that's the appeal of visiting the forum.

But we all know this conversation won't go anywhere further, so I'll once again follow my own advice. Toodle-oo!

Offline wolf

• Refugee
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 07:50:38 AM »

And yet, none of what you posted applies to my post. I didn't talk about post-2000 U2. I criticized a particular comment Bono made, which you once again have turned into a discussion of "bashing". You've posted far more about your opinions of others' posts than anything about U2. Which is why I asked if that's the appeal of visiting the forum.

But we all know this conversation won't go anywhere further, so I'll once again follow my own advice. Toodle-oo!

Its an event and action Bono took post 2000, so yes it does apply. Everything I have posted is about U2 and as I clearly stated, I don't like to see music I love unfairly bashed and will step up to defend it. Is the appeal for you of visiting this forum to criticize post 2000 U2 in some way?

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 11:57:15 AM »
I do not have a vinyl player, and I see no reason to own it on CD. I did pay extra for the deluxe edition, of course :-)