Author Topic: Would u go to a u2 concert alone?  (Read 6520 times)

SpookyElectric

Re: Would u go to a u2 concert alone?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Going with someone who isn't really interested is grim.

I can attest to that. a few of my exes were like that

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »

I went with my then girlfriend now wife to 360 in Dublin and she just sat pretty unimpressed all the way through.....tempers your own enthusiasm a little, although the sub par performance on the night didn't help either.

I felt a bit daft after I had told her how u2 live were a fearsome proposition and how the atmosphere and the show would blast away any reservations she had....her comments after the show 'i just don't get it, was pretty dull really'

I'm sure the girl next to me on the rail in Paris must have been dragged there by a partner or something. She never moved a muscle or showed any sign of wanting to be there at all. It was hard to fully enjoy myself being stuck next to that - must have been even more depressing for whoever brought her there in the hope she would appreciate the experience!

SpookyElectric

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 03:17:58 PM »

I went with my then girlfriend now wife to 360 in Dublin and she just sat pretty unimpressed all the way through.....tempers your own enthusiasm a little, although the sub par performance on the night didn't help either.

I felt a bit daft after I had told her how u2 live were a fearsome proposition and how the atmosphere and the show would blast away any reservations she had....her comments after the show 'i just don't get it, was pretty dull really'

I'm sure the girl next to me on the rail in Paris must have been dragged there by a partner or something. She never moved a muscle or showed any sign of wanting to be there at all. It was hard to fully enjoy myself being stuck next to that - must have been even more depressing for whoever brought her there in the hope she would appreciate the experience!

she was probably a Parisienne.  it's uncool to show any emotion, like it is to be fat. 

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
I don't know.  what would people say? they might point at me and laugh at me.  they might think I have no mates and that I'm a bit of a weirdo and I'd wonder what the hell am I doing here and think that I don't belong here

(sarcasm)

Some people, like myself, are uncomfortable being alone at shows, no need for the sarcasm! 

hrsan

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 05:04:20 PM »
I don't know.  what would people say? they might point at me and laugh at me.  they might think I have no mates and that I'm a bit of a weirdo and I'd wonder what the hell am I doing here and think that I don't belong here

(sarcasm)

Some people, like myself, are uncomfortable being alone at shows, no need for the sarcasm! 

I was uncomfortable at first, and if you have a seat rather than Gen Adm, you can just get there right when the lights go down.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »

(sarcasm)

I've gone to "fun" places alone before, like San Francisco's Chinatown and a baseball game, and I didn't have that great of a time. Part of the fun to me is sharing it with someone. But yes it helps if they are into the event too, which is why I would see if there was someone on here who would let me hang with them if I were going alone.

SpookyElectric

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »

(sarcasm)

so are they your thoughts on the prospect of going alone?

SpookyElectric

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »

(sarcasm)

I've gone to "fun" places alone before, like San Francisco's Chinatown and a baseball game, and I didn't have that great of a time. Part of the fun to me is sharing it with someone. But yes it helps if they are into the event too, which is why I would see if there was someone on here who would let me hang with them if I were going alone.

maybe braving it alone is a man thing. I dunno?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:05 PM »

(sarcasm)

maybe braving it alone is a man thing. I dunno?

Very possibly.

SpookyElectric

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »

(sarcasm)

I was uncomfortable at first, and if you have a seat rather than Gen Adm, you can just get there right when the lights go down.

yeh I think a seat is best.  mind you I went to a concert on my own, had a seat, and when I got there I commented to the guy next to me on what the likely opener would be all innocent like, and he said something in a tone I didn't quite like and so I glared at him some times throughout the concert and he asked me what my problem was and at one stage I very nearly had to thump him.  I'm just saying that on that occasion if I had gone with someone else that wouldn't have happened.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »
My sister has seen U2 alone twice.  Once because she just wanted to see another show (we had gone the previous night), and once because I goofed when buying the tickets.  Though maybe she'd have preferred going with someone else, she seemed to love both shows.  And from my experience, seeing a show alone is fun in that it allows you to not be concerned if someone else likes it.  You rock out to your heart's content, with no need for embarrassment if someone with you isn't as into it.

SpookyElectric

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »
Moreover, in life one shouldn't restrict oneself from doing the things you wanna do purely because you cannot recruit someone else to move when you wanna move.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 05:42:22 PM »
Seen them 46 times. Probably 40 times on my own.

SpookyElectric

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 05:45:59 PM »

you're a free spirit Zoost

Offline wolf

• Refugee
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:35 PM »

Awesome. That's the Spirit!