Author Topic: Would u go to a u2 concert alone?  (Read 6518 times)

Offline U2ster

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Would u go to a u2 concert alone?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »
Absolutely and had a blast. Wondered around the floor chatting with bunches of people and soaking up the experience!

Offline U2ster

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2015, 11:17:10 PM »
Absolutely. I have in the past and may again soon!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 11:20:35 PM »
Not to be over dramatic, but a guy walking around alone after a concert, like going to a bus stop from the venue, has different concerns than a woman. If you miss walking with the post show crowd, it can feel rather sketchy outside some venues.

hrsan

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2015, 07:06:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not to be over dramatic, but a guy walking around alone after a concert, like going to a bus stop from the venue, has different concerns than a woman. If you miss walking with the post show crowd, it can feel rather sketchy outside some venues.

Very good point.  In MSG, there is a cab stand and a subway line right there, but wander an avenue or two in either direction and you could run into some very sketchy characters.

Offline wolf

• Refugee
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:21 AM »

True, all women should learn Karate to the black belt level and carry a concealed fire arm, so that can feel free to walk alone at night.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2015, 07:57:47 AM »

True, all women should learn Karate to the black belt level and carry a concealed fire arm, so that can feel free to walk alone at night.

I agree the women need to know how to fight back. Also guys need to know. For me a fire arm will not give me piece of mind.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2015, 08:17:46 AM »

I assume you're kidding. I also assume you're male. I was just trying to point out that if a woman doesn't want to go alone to a concert, she may not be afraid of looking like "Billy No Mates," she may have larger concerns.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »
I have travelled to a foreign city alone to see U2. I left with new friends.

SpookyElectric

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »

I assume you're kidding. I also assume you're male. I was just trying to point out that if a woman doesn't want to go alone to a concert, she may not be afraid of looking like "Billy No Mates," she may have larger concerns.

like if it's her time of the month and she's more than one mile away from her home?

(joke)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:31:26 PM by SpookyElectric »

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »

like if it's her time of the month and she's more than one mile away from her home?

(joke)

You came close to a butt kicking!  :)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2015, 01:28:17 PM »
I went to Denver 360 by myself but met up with Marsgirl. I had seats and she had GA.

The guy who sat next to me came alone too and he happened to be the concierge for the Four Seasons - the band was staying there. He played coy about it and I didn't let on that I knew!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »
Wow, some of you guys.... I assume you have a mom, maybe a girlfriend/wife, a sister or a daughter. I know you're joking, but still...jury's still out with me whether you should have a butt kicking.

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2015, 01:49:05 PM »
yep already done
I remember arriving at the venue at 6am and I was alone there. so I went for a coffee somewhere...

SpookyElectric

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2015, 02:36:23 PM »

Very good point.  In MSG, there is a cab stand and a subway line right there, but wander an avenue or two in either direction and you could run into some very sketchy characters.

this could happen

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
Wow, some of you guys.... I assume you have a mom, maybe a girlfriend/wife, a sister or a daughter. I know you're joking, but still...jury's still out with me whether you should have a butt kicking.

Yeah, I agree.  Some of the comments on here, not very funny.