Author Topic: Would u go to a u2 concert alone?  (Read 6571 times)

Offline Mary C

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Would u go to a u2 concert alone?
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2015, 03:00:39 PM »
I've travelled to all of my shows alone, (except for the my first 2 which were in my hometown, ZooTV, I had family and friends) but generally I arranged to meet up with Propaganda pals/Wirefriends/people I met online in advance, we'd coordinate where we had to go. I've never had friends in my hometown who went with me, nor family, either to Boston or NY, they just don't understand, but they have to live with it nevertheless :D. So I had to make my "scene" down there.

I've been down to the City on shopping trips/relatives so I know how to act when alone. Plus if you're really afraid, you can flee underground to Penn Station, the subway is right there:). Ditto about straying far from the venue at night though at MSG, you want to watch it. I'm sticking with the U2 crowd until my ride picks me up.

Being in a U2 crowd is pretty safe. Generally speaking. Now that a lot of us are older, doubly so. I assume.

"You're never alone at a U2 show" though--truer words have never been spoken! You'll have a blast every way.

Fanella Fellorick

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »
doing things alone builds up confidence and brings out our resourcefulness.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2015, 04:56:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've travelled to all of my shows alone, (except for the my first 2 which were in my hometown, ZooTV, I had family and friends) but generally I arranged to meet up with Propaganda pals/Wirefriends/people I met online in advance, we'd coordinate where we had to go. I've never had friends in my hometown who went with me, nor family, either to Boston or NY, they just don't understand, but they have to live with it nevertheless :D. So I had to make my "scene" down there.

I've been down to the City on shopping trips/relatives so I know how to act when alone. Plus if you're really afraid, you can flee underground to Penn Station, the subway is right there:). Ditto about straying far from the venue at night though at MSG, you want to watch it. I'm sticking with the U2 crowd until my ride picks me up.

Being in a U2 crowd is pretty safe. Generally speaking. Now that a lot of us are older, doubly so. I assume.

"You're never alone at a U2 show" though--truer words have never been spoken! You'll have a blast every way.

You make the city sound like a scary place and it's far from it.  It's perfectly safe to walk around at night.  However, I wouldn't recommend "fleeing" underground to Penn Station, there can be some sketchy characters down there, but again, only very late at night, otherwise it's perfectly fine.

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2015, 09:09:01 PM »
plus, you can zip thru the crowd quickly!

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2015, 02:58:43 PM »
I go to all the U2 concerts alone and meet people from all around the world I prefer it that way because I want to focus all my attention on the shows. I always have a great time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:28:52 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2015, 04:05:48 PM »
I have, and I made friends with the people around me -- but it was sort of nice to not be obligated to stick with them. The other thing is, if you go on your own, you don't feel "responsible" for the other person's happiness.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2015, 08:01:34 PM »
Without a doubt. I've gone to their shows alone before, and I'll do it again. A night of U2 music is sooooooooooo much bigger than the idea of standing in line by myself.

Offline avard

• Wanderer
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »
Yes I have MANY times, and I will attend my 74th U2 show, MSG8 alone.   No problems.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »
I'm going it alone at the O2 on October 30th.First arena GA show for me.A little nervous tbh.

Offline JHook

• Numb
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2015, 08:13:36 AM »
I'm going it alone at the O2 on October 30th.First arena GA show for me.A little nervous tbh.

I just saw them on my own at MSG, also in GA. One of the best nights of my life. You'll love it.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:47 AM »

I just saw them on my own at MSG, also in GA. One of the best nights of my life. You'll love it.

Hopefully i'll have a half decent view & won't be looking at someone's back all evening!

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »
I flew to different cities alone to see them and enjoyed myself everytime. You will not regret it.

macfoley

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2015, 09:38:45 AM »
My first U2 gig, Zoo TV Wembley Stadium, I went on my own. From Leicester in the midlands to Wembley. A pretty big deal for me when I was seventeen years old.

I would certainly do it again, go on my own.

Offline JHook

• Numb
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »

Hopefully i'll have a half decent view & won't be looking at someone's back all evening!

It can be difficult when you're short. My advice is, if you can possibly join the GA lineup on the early side, do it. I'm not following my own advice today, but it's 90 degrees (F) in New York and I just can't bring myself to sit out there on 8th Avenue for so many hours. I've been on the rail a couple of times now, so I don't feel too bad.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
Yes, because going to shows alone >>>>>> going to shows with people who try to talk your f-n ears off during the whole thing.