Author Topic: Should I drive down to Boston this afternoon with no ticket?  (Read 933 times)

Offline davis

• Stateless
Wondering whether I should make the drive from Portland Maine to Boston with no ticket?  Any advice on what my chances are for getting a GA ticket (or decent seat) if I show up at the Garden a few hours early?  I've never done the day of thing before….

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
Re: Should I drive down to Boston this afternoon with no ticket?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »
Do it!  On Saturday I got 2 GA tickets from the box office at about 5:50 pm.  Walked right in and was 1 behind the rail of the e stage.  At the very least you will be able to get tickets off of a scalper but I think you have good chance of GA from the box office.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 09:33:57 AM »
Unless someone says otherwise about the specific venue and money isn't an issue, I'd say do it if you really want to go. I didn't end up going to Chicago 3 (since I was there for Chicago 4, primarily), but I walked up to the box office to see what options were there and there were quite a few tickets at 2 or 3 different price levels just before the show. That or Ticketmaster could have some drops at the last minute too, so maybe downloading the app would help there too?

StubHub might be something to look at too if you have access to a printer.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:34:54 AM »
Do it! have faith, be positive, keep trying and you will get in.

Oh yeah, don't give up. I have gotten tickets up until 9PM.

Offline jenavsu2

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 09:37:53 AM »
Just FYI, I went to The Garden around 6pm last night and tried to get GA at the box office, but no luck. There seemed to be plenty of people selling various seats out front though. Good luck!!!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »
If you have the time, why not? You should be able to get in somehow. Take along some cash and see what happens. There might be people in the GA line who have extra tix, but the paperless GAs make things a little more difficult. But it's a Wednesday night and show 4 in the city, so I bet box office would have something that works for you.

It also looked like south side of GA was only 2/3 full last night so they may make more GAs available for tonight based on that.

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »
I'm here from Portland! The more Mainers the better! You wouldn't happen to have a Zooropa license plate would you?

hrsan

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
Check with Ticketmaster between now and 4pm, that is when the house seats are released (if they haven't been already).

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 08:52:54 AM »
So did you decide to come down for the show?  Did you have any luck?

Offline davis

• Stateless
Re: Should I drive down to Boston this afternoon with no ticket? UPDATE
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »
So I did it.  I decided to take the bus from Portland to Boston (two hours).  I made it to the Garden at 4:00.  No tickets for sale (other than a few $300 club seats).  So I waited.  Eventually enough people were hanging around that they cordoned us off in a little section.  Some of the fellow fans were the delightful U2 people I've come to expect.  A few were not (some of them were undoubtedly scalpers).  The long and short of it is that after two hours of standing there, a ticket seller came out and quietly directed a security guard to bring five people up to the window, starting with a woman I'd been chatting with for two hours and myself.  She scored a pair of GAs and was understandably ecstatic, having waited two nights in a row and striking out on Tuesday.  When I got the window I asked for GAs, but there already weren't any more.  Instead I got a pair in the second row, loge 7, basically twenty feet from the b (that is, e) stage for $98 a piece, no service charges.  I was briefly disappointed I didn't get GAs, but it turned out the seats could hardly have been better.  I couldn't really see the screen, but I didn't care since I'd seen it from way up in the balcony last Saturday.  Instead I got completely unobstructed views of the stages and felt like I could reach out and touch the boys when they were on the e stage.  It was an amazing show--my 20th since 1992, and one of my most memorable U2 experiences.  Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to go for it!  Even though my train back to Portland got in almost an hour late and I didn't get home until 3:00, it was totally worth it!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I did it.  I decided to take the bus from Portland to Boston (two hours).  I made it to the Garden at 4:00.  No tickets for sale (other than a few $300 club seats).  So I waited.  Eventually enough people were hanging around that they cordoned us off in a little section.  Some of the fellow fans were the delightful U2 people I've come to expect.  A few were not (some of them were undoubtedly scalpers).  The long and short of it is that after two hours of standing there, a ticket seller came out and quietly directed a security guard to bring five people up to the window, starting with a woman I'd been chatting with for two hours and myself.  She scored a pair of GAs and was understandably ecstatic, having waited two nights in a row and striking out on Tuesday.  When I got the window I asked for GAs, but there already weren't any more.  Instead I got a pair in the second row, loge 7, basically twenty feet from the b (that is, e) stage for $98 a piece, no service charges.  I was briefly disappointed I didn't get GAs, but it turned out the seats could hardly have been better.  I couldn't really see the screen, but I didn't care since I'd seen it from way up in the balcony last Saturday.  Instead I got completely unobstructed views of the stages and felt like I could reach out and touch the boys when they were on the e stage.  It was an amazing show--my 20th since 1992, and one of my most memorable U2 experiences.  Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to go for it!  Even though my train back to Portland got in almost an hour late and I didn't get home until 3:00, it was totally worth it!

Yes!!!

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That's awesome, I'm so glad you came down and it worked out! :)

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 07:31:22 PM »
That's terrific! Glad to hear it all worked out for you.