Poll

What song works better in the second slot?

Out of Control
13 (17.8%)
The Electric Co
26 (35.6%)
Gloria
34 (46.6%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Best "Second Slot" Song (SPOILERS)  (Read 1374 times)

Offline trashbag

• Refugee
Best "Second Slot" Song (SPOILERS)
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:48:05 AM »
Which song works better in the second slot of the set?

As much as I loved seeing "Gloria" in Chicago 3, "The Electric Co" just seems to elevate things to a whole 'nother level, and that's only seeing it through YouTube videos. I can't imagine the energy being there in person!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Best "Second Slot" Song (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »
even though i have yet to hear a bootleg or see a show, i'd go with gloria based on previous performances it seems of an early slot/energetic show opener song.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:08:10 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
even though i have yet to hear a bootleg or see a show, i'd go with gloria based on previous performances it seems of an early slot/energetic show opener song.
I was there for the Glorias and was so emotional, ecstatic to hear it! Top tour experience for me.

Even so, ALL 3 songs are perfectly energetically, emotionally fitting. I call TIE!

Come to think of it, it seems awhile since I've heard OOC live.

hrsan

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »
I have avoided videos so far, but I really want Out of Control for my show because I've seen the other two played before.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:48:03 PM »
I wish we could get all three! Shorten the middle set. Boot Real Thing and M-Ways and give us all three of these gems! These three songs are among the best moments of the whole show!

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 12:57:54 PM »
Without having actually heard all of the current performances (I saw OoC at the show I attended), I voted Gloria, just for the fact that it's been so rare, comparatively.  The other two have been fairly frequently featured in recent tours.  Other than one instance of Party Girl at a fan's request, I've yet to see anything performed from the October era.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 01:04:56 PM »
Without having actually heard all of the current performances (I saw OoC at the show I attended), I voted Gloria, just for the fact that it's been so rare, comparatively.  The other two have been fairly frequently featured in recent tours.  Other than one instance of Party Girl at a fan's request, I've yet to see anything performed from the October era.

I've only gotten Scarlet from October and IWF and OOC from Boy. I would have loved to have gotten Gloria or Electric Co this time, but at least I finally got OOC.

Waffles

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 02:31:12 PM »
Two hearts or nyd

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »
I chose Gloria but I really like how they change it up (wish they would even more!)

It would be great if they added Two Hearts Beat As One as well as mix in some other up-tempo early songs in that slot too like Street Mission, A Celebration, Seconds, and Like a Song and then swap out other songs.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 12:35:23 AM »
Would say OOC because it's my favourite out of all of them, but The Electric Co. seems to have the most energy out of all of them this tour.

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 04:19:24 AM »
I'd love to hear the three of them played back to back, though the lads might need to take a break afterwards!

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 04:46:46 AM »
Electric Co followed closely by Gloria.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 05:24:09 AM »
Saw the show 8 times and didn't get to hear Gloria. I thought might get lucky for he 2 shows  in Toronto, but it didn't happen.  Voted Gloria just based on the youtube footage.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 05:30:02 AM »
I'd love to hear the three of them played back to back, though the lads might need to take a break afterwards!
Very good idea, especially for cities getting more that 2 shows.  They can very well drop Vertigo and I Will Follow and play Electric Co, Out of Control and Gloria together.  Place would go ballistic.  They can easily play Vertigo near the end if they feel they can't leave it out.  They should actually try this during their 8 shows at MSG.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:33:27 AM by boom boom »

Offline steve70

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 07:11:49 AM »
"They can very well drop Vertigo and I Will Follow and play Electric Co, Out of Control and Gloria together.  Place would go ballistic.  They can easily play Vertigo near the end if they feel they can't leave it out.  They should actually try this during their 8 shows at MSG."

So true. I was already predicting what we'll get tomorrow night, is it OOC's turn for the rotation? Or maybe something new perhaps? hmmm